Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

So are we done or still looking at anyone else?

Guards:
Jordan Goldwire 6’1 junior PG
Boogie 6’2 freshman CG
Tre 6’2 sophomore PG
Alex O’Connell 6’5 junior SG

Wings:
Moore 6’5 freshman F
White 6’7 senior F
Baker 6’7 sophomore F

Bigs:
Hurt 6’9 freshman F
DeLaurier 6’10 senior F
Carey 6’10 freshman C
Bolden 6’11 senior C

Last edited:
I would imagine that with Tre Jones back, it would help our recruiting at every position outside of PG if we decided to pursue more targets than Matthew Hurt.

I would imagine that with Tre Jones back, it would help our recruiting at every position outside of PG if we decided to pursue more targets than Matthew Hurt.

Unless there are multiple defections, I don’t know that Duke has the room to add much more. As it is, one to two players are likely going to be left out of the regular rotation.

I’m not going to lie, I’m pretty excited about next years team. Boogie looks to be an above average shooter, ball handler and defender. Moore looks to be a very good defender with potential down the road as a solid offensive player but we won’t need that right now.

Tre, Boogie, Moore, Hurt and Carey. That gives us one of the best defenders in the country and a veteran leader. Boogie and Moore look to be above average defenders so our 1-2-3 should be a damn good on ball defensive lineup. The 4/5 won’t be and K will need to lay off the switching everything but who knows if that will happen.

I have faith that Tre will become a solid shooter. So that lineup gives us 5 guys who are solid shooters with 2 guys potentially being great shooters.

The bench will be filled with veteran players. Two senior bigs that would start on a lot of teams and can provide good defense. Hopefully White gets his shot back and can contribute. Baker looks to have potential and I’d expect him to get some PT next year but you never know with K. This is do or die for AOC. Either he improves on D enough to play and become a solid 8-12ppg 6th man and starts as a senior or maybe he transfers if he doesn’t get PT early.

This will be one of the most reliable benches we’ve had in quite a while.

Goldwire junior
AOC junior
Baker sophomore
White senior
Jav senior
Bolden senior

K isn’t playing 11 guys so it’ll be interesting to see who gets squeezed out.

Goddamn it, it took you guys less than a week to fall off the wagon about next year. We said we wouldn't do this.

How quickly you forget the benefits of having the biggest, strongest, scariest guys in every game. Next year's team is going to be soft and white as fuck. Get ready to return to a team of slow, skinny, finesse pussies who want no part of anything other than floating around daintily and hoisting up their gay little shots. K will stick to his same, godawful defense, and every game will consist of opponents:

- Spreading and absolutely fucking roasting our hopeless, out-of-their-element pansies who look like they should be on the golf team, then laughing and hanging from the rim with their nuts repeatedly smashing our players' stupid, frightened faces while they fumble around trying to pick up the ball through their sobs of shame

- Playing volleyball with every missed shot while all five of our frail waifs stand off to the side (waiting for the scary stuff to end so they can dribble down and jack up yet another contested 30-footer), then screaming and flexing after the follow dunk as our little fairies blush and look away in fear

- Preventing Duke from even thinking about trying to score at the rim, or really even dribbling inside the 3PT line. The entire offense will be swinging the ball around the perimeter until someone gets bored and launches a bad shot where they're really just trying to not get stuffed and embarrassed more than they're trying to actually score.

Have fun watching an 11-14 Miami team run the clock out up 20, pointing and laughing as Baker, AOC, White, and Hurt simultaneously have panic attacks and piss their pants while dropping their 5th ACC game in a row next February, then coming here to post "I'm SERIOUSLY fucking done with K and this soft-ass team!!1" while the whole world jerks off to their tears. It's going to be godawful, and don't let your masochistic brains convince you otherwise.

Also, speak for yourself. This is the best part of the year for me. I don't have to deal with the misery of actually watching basketball games and can just fantasize about players I've never seen play outside of Ballislife mixtapes.

The only time of year that's possibly better is that November stretch where we're blowing out Southern Anaheim State 120-47 and Joey Baker is dropping 20 and we delude ourselves into thinking he'll play real minutes in March.

The thought has crossed my mind we'll have the closest team in a while resembling our late aughts squads that did well enough in the reg season before getting their doors blown off by a generic blackletic team in the S16.

I don't agree with this. With Bolden and Javin back, we have a strong and experienced interior, along with obviously Carey, which would off-set a lot of the problems those teams had getting blown out in the S16 after over achieving in the regular season.

The thought has crossed my mind we'll have the closest team in a while resembling our late aughts squads that did well enough in the reg season before getting their doors blown off by a generic blackletic team in the S16.

I don't agree with this. With Bolden and Javin back, we have a strong and experienced interior, along with obviously Carey, which would off-set a lot of the problems those teams had getting blown out in the S16 after over achieving in the regular season.

I thought you were convinced Bolden was leaving.

No way in hell both Bolden and Javin are back. Best case is one of the two, plus a slow-footed freshman center from 1990. Freshman bigs are always great at sprinting 30 feet out to hedge halfcourt screens in K's defense, though, so things should be fine.

Carey's a bit slow for a forward, but geez, he's not slow-footed for a center. Remains to be seen whether he's just bad on defense in terms of effort/instincts, but he's certainly quicker and lighter on his feet than Bolden, Okafor, all three Plumlees, etc.

Otherwise, agree though. I've been assuming that what Rowe has said about Bolden leaning toward trying the pro route is true, and that we have Carey/DeLaurier combining for 50 or so minutes of "big" time, and 75% of the time we have someone like Hurt or White at the 4.

Last edited:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom