Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pitt Panthers visit Duke Saturday

Inveigle

All American
Pitt vs. Duke Saturday with a 12:20 Kick Off from Wallace Wade. Duke opens with a -7.5 point favorite that quickly moved to a -8 when the dust settled.

Duke has dropped three straight to Miami, Virginia, and Florida State. Pitt has two wins against Youngstown State and Rice while dropping 5 of their last 6 games against Penn State, Oklahoma State, Georgia Tech, Syracuse, and NC State.

Both programs are in need of a win. Pitt lost it's starting QB for the season, Max Browne, against Syracuse and are still trying to find it's offense. Pitt ranks 101st in PPG (23.3). They rank 98th in Points Allowed (31.4). They rank 60th in Passing Yards per game (240.4), and 114th in rushing yards per game (113.7).

Duke just hasn't had any consistency offensively the past three weeks. Duke QB Daniel Jones has looked uncomfortable with timing, protection, and a lack of catching ability by his receivers. Duke ranks 70th in PPG (28.4), they rank 27th in Points Allowed (19.6), 79th in Passing Yards (209.4), and 42nd in rushing yards per game (190.4).

The opportunity is there for both teams it seems to break the comedy of errors that malign these teams. This is a must win for both teams with any wishes for post season play. We shall see if the Blue Devils can bounce back.

Prediction: Duke 28- Pitt 21

Let's Go Duke!

Assuming a 5-7 team gets in a bowl this year, I wouldn't call this a must-win for Duke since Army and GT are both still on the schedule. But as shitty as the offense has been, it's hard for me to think of any games as winnable anymore.

Forgot to mention this...

At this week’s Duke-Pittsburgh game, former Blue Devil head coach Steve Spurrier will be honored on the field in recognition of his upcoming enshrinement as a coach into the College Football Hall of Fame.

Spurrier served as the head coach of the Blue Devils from 1987-89 and compiled an overall ledger of 20-13-1. The ACC Coach of the Year selection in both 1988 and 1989, he guided Duke to the ACC Championship and All American Bowl appearance in 1989.

One of my favorite Duke Football memories was the chant at Cameron when he was recognized as ACC Champion, "Stay Steve Stay!".

Assuming a 5-7 team gets in a bowl this year, I wouldn't call this a must-win for Duke since Army and GT are both still on the schedule. But as shitty as the offense has been, it's hard for me to think of any games as winnable anymore.

Don't forget Wake Forest. Isn't QB Wolford still hurt? He didn't play against Clemson. His replacement Hinton killed Duke last year.

Duke is a team that has feasted on bad teams (FCS, 3-3 NW, 0-6 Baylor and 1-6 UNC) and lost to good teams (5-0 Miami, surprisingly 5-1 Virginia and deceptively 2-3 FSU) this year.

Pitt is bad. Duke should win this game. Key word, should.

This is a must-win for Duke. Not only are we better than Pitt on paper, but if the team loses this one any remaining confidence is shot. It doesn't seem that Pitt does anything extraordinarily well. We should be able to hold our own on defense and HOPEFULLY the offense starts clicking again (RUN THE FUCKING BALL ROPER!)

Win this game and we can bounce back against GaTech and Army for a respectable 7-5 season with a bowl appearance. Lose this game and I think we could go 1-fer the rest of the way and have to hope there's not enough 6-6 teams to fill all bowl spots.

FSU is not deceptively 2-3

FSU lost to unbeaten Miami and Alabama and 6-1 NC State. They aren't the Jameis Winston-era juggernaut, but FSU could easily have a better record if they had played a more forgiving schedule.

We still should have beaten them, though.

Just saw an amazing stat. Duke's RBs had 0 carries in the fourth quarter. None.

Ready for a staff shakeup or Cut's retirement.

That simultaneous catch was a back breaker and a game changer. But that wasn't the reason Duke lost. Duke lost because they aren't very good. At anything.

Play calling- Poor.
Passing- Poor.
Catching-Awful.
Tackling- Bad.
Containment- Bad.
Giving up big plays- Horrendously Bad.

This Duke team is actually worse than last season.

I kinda feel like doing an in depth analysis of the state of the football program.

Debating whether I should do it now or wait until the season is over.

The Duke stink is real and difficult to wash off. After playing Duke, only Miami and Northwestern have recovered to any degree, although both teams were hampered significantly by the wretched odor of Duke football.

Since playing Duke:

UNC is winless,
Baylor is winless.
FSU is winless
Northwestern suffered several big losses before becoming an acceptable B1G team again.
Miami has won their 3 subsequent games by a total of 13 pts, including a miracle win over FSU, and a win today requiring a 4th qtr TD vs. Syracuse AT HOME
UVa got shellacked by BC AT HOME today in a stunningly embarrassing loss.

Duke stinks so badly, that the teams that play Duke actually stink after they play Duke.

Chat users

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 1
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back
Top Bottom