Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player R.J. Barrett

The boos are likely the result of kids being dicks in high school, not Duke hate.

Source: I used to be a dick in high school. I still am one, but I used to be one, too.

Well here's a cool article!

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/holiday...duke-hate-already-krzyzewski-blue-devils-pk80

No. 1 prospect R.J. Barrett feeling the Duke hate already

Still, despite Barrett being the resident nice guy he’s noticed that as of November 10 his reception, at least in the pregame, has become a bit chillier.

“I notice those boos now,” Barrett said with a laugh.

Such is the life of a high school player who’s signed on to join the most hated program in sports.

Now THAT'S journalism!

I liked Donavan Bennett ' s take better.

:smilingimp:

He going to have to overcome the stink that Wiggins is putting on the notion of 'top-ranked Canadian prospect'.

He going to have to overcome the stink that Wiggins is putting on the notion of 'top-ranked Canadian prospect'.

There was a time (like 6 weeks ago) I would be quick to jump to AW's defence (he has shown a little improvement, blah blah blah) - it has become really difficult to do this. This year seems to be a step backwards. Interestingly enough, I have read some pieces which claim that Wiggins' D has actually improved this season. This is not entirely evident to me. I am still hoping he can develop into an all-star caliber player, but it does not look great.

With regard to RJ - he has a completely different makeup than Wiggins. Much more aggressive, and more importantly, he plays the game in a manner where he tries to have an impact in multiple areas. He won't let you down, deeyoukayeee.

Last edited:
Oh I'm just talking about scouts. I know Rowan is going to be spectacular. God daddy Nash wouldn't allow him to disappoint. I figure he'll hork the title of 'Canada's best' by 2020.

@ZackM

If RJ plays soft at Duke - I'll take a lifetime ban.

If my confidence is misplaced, I guess you'll miss the 1 out of 20 posts I write here which actually contain substance.
Give yourself some credit toronto. You add value in other areas.

In fact, we don't care about any of your posts, we just enjoy making fun of Canadians.

Scouting report on Barrett from a member of the Duke FB page I admin (based on seeing him live the other night):

1. He's a ridiculous athlete. Very fast, covers a lot of ground in short time. Gets back on D really fast. Can jump over a building. Had 3 dunks tonight, one in traffic.

2. Good 3 point shooter, but bricked both of the FTs he shot.

3. Good passer, especially in transition. Gets his teammates involved.

4. Fell asleep on defense 2-3 times tonight....his man slipped backdoor on him twice. Granted, his team plays excellent help D. But he needs better eyes in the back of his head.

5. He could use about 15 more pounds on his frame, but I'm sure that will come.

Scouting report on Barrett from a member of the Duke FB page I admin (based on seeing him live the other night):

1. He's a ridiculous athlete. Very fast, covers a lot of ground in short time. Gets back on D really fast. Can jump over a building. Had 3 dunks tonight, one in traffic.

4. Fell asleep on defense 2-3 times tonight....his man slipped backdoor on him twice. Granted, his team plays excellent help D. But he needs better eyes in the back of his head.

Was this from the Myrtle Beach tournament last night? I was going to watch it, but was reminded in the first few minutes how much high school basketball sucks.
Zion Williamson's team played in the game before Barrett's, but Williamson was DNP - Too fat.

Was this from the Myrtle Beach tournament last night? I was going to watch it, but was reminded in the first few minutes how much high school basketball sucks.
Zion Williamson's team played in the game before Barrett's, but Williamson was DNP - Too fat.
Yeah, I guess it was just last night.

RJ Barrett will be playing at around 9 tonight, streaming here: https://watchstadium.com/live/2017-beach-ball-classic-winner-game-9-vs-winner-game-10/

This was supposed to be a match-up between Barrett's Montverde team and Zion Williamson's Spartanburg team, but Zion didn't play and his team lost to a shit-kicker high school team from Socastee, SC (Socastee is a piece of swampland near Myrtle Beach).

I expect this will be really terrible basketball, but it's a chance to see Barrett in an actual game, anyway - unless he doesn't play.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back
Top Bottom