Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2017 Duke vs uNC! Aww Hell Retain The Bell!

Inveigle

All American
I thought about putting all the stats so far this season like Carolina's 1-2 record against the Blue Devil's 3-0 campaign so far, but what's the use?

Throw all of those stats out the window! Does it even matter?

Hide the women folk!

Get ready for an all out, five alarm, bell ringing, bug tussle of the most extreme!

It's already Rivalry Week in the Piedmont of North Carolina! It's for all the marbles THIS WEEKEND!!!

So you can forget all the records and forget who has beaten who in the last 100 years! If you want history of Duke-UNC rivalry then read this!

https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/uarchives/history/articles/duke-unc-football

P081_NTBS4_005658.jpg

fb95b3a5ca7848960f4b209a3e85d620--football-today-duke-vs.jpg

5f193cb8478e3dee467da8f04afbdfad.jpg

Let's play some FOOTBAW!

Duke is a -3 point favorite! I haven't even started drinking yet and Vegas does this.

Inveigle, you seem emotionally invested in this game, what gives?

No more so than any other season/game between these two. The fact that Chaz Surratt committed to Duke then decommitted and chose Carolina weighs a little bit I guess. Fedora made statements to recruits telling them there would be no NCAA penalties to worry about (how does he know?), and getting to a point where Surratt is a starter may make for a unique story line. I would love to see Duke blitz with reckless abandon in this game for once. Knowles likes to play "bend but not break" defense to a fault. But I would like to see the Most Hurries, Most Sacks, Most INT's, etc., which I believe is quite possible with this Duke defense. I'm sure the Heels have watched enough film also to see dropping 7-8 into coverage can cause issues for DJ and they will try and do that since nothing else is working defensively for them yet. Duke has a great opportunity here.

Other than that, Let's Go Duke!

No more so than any other season/game between these two. The fact that Chaz Surratt committed to Duke then decommitted and chose Carolina weighs a little bit I guess. Fedora made statements to recruits telling them there would be no NCAA penalties to worry about (how does he know?), and getting to a point where Surratt is a starter may make for a unique story line. I would love to see Duke blitz with reckless abandon in this game for once. Knowles likes to play "bend but not break" defense to a fault. But I would like to see the Most Hurries, Most Sacks, Most INT's, etc., which I believe is quite possible with this Duke defense. I'm sure the Heels have watched enough film also to see dropping 7-8 into coverage can cause issues for DJ and they will try and do that since nothing else is working defensively for them yet. Duke has a great opportunity here.

Was just teasing you, big fella. I can't even watch these games, can't hardly check the score. I get sick to my stomach now that Duke is actually competitive in football.

Was just teasing you, big fella. I can't even watch these games, can't hardly check the score. I get sick to my stomach now that Duke is actually competitive in football.

No worries. I used to do that too and get mad as hell when Duke blew it or got stomped. I never call one Carolina fan and bust their balls when Duke wins. But let those bastards win and every swinging pecker calls me from all over the globe.

My Dad used to say, "You know what I like about Carolina? Not a damn thing!". I still use that saying.

Really surprised by the line movement in this matchup, especially considering the breadth of UNC's injuries compared to Duke. We'll see where the big money comes in tomorrow morning.

I'm getting over confident. Everytime I look at numbers and rosters and last years game, I come to the conclusion that Duke probably wins by two scores.

We're going to get pwned.

IT'S MOTHERFUCKING GAMEDAY!!

(just keep it respectable please.... don't lose like in 2014 and 15)

Carolina favored by 1 at most places now. As it should be. Vegas was probably in line to lose too much money on this game (relatively speaking), finally resisted in an effort to try to come out even.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom