Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Cameron Reddish

Based on the top 8 graphic and the top 5 graphic, it's clear that Duke and UCLA are his favorites.

With no inside information, I was a bit worried about UK entering the picture after Calipari coached Reddish. However, after have a couple of weeks to let the dust settle after the Team USA thing, I still feel good about us getting Reddish. I remember that (at least it felt to me anyway) that we were in the mix to land Karl Towns and had as good shot as anyway. But after Calipari coached him with the DR, it was essentially over and public remarks confirmed that. Reddish doesn't seem to have been swayed much, if at all, by being coached by Calipari.

You'd think losing with Team USA would hurt Calipari.

It's easy to spin. Cal cares much more about your (the recruit's) professional development. It's not about winning games for our country. Cal puts you ahead of our country like any great coach would do.

It's easy to spin. Cal cares much more about your (the recruit's) professional development. It's not about winning games for our country. Cal puts you ahead of our country like any great coach would do.
Good call. That also means it was the players' fault that we lost, not Cal's.

No. See, it doesn't matter whether we win. What matters is that we had fun!

No. See, it doesn't matter whether we win. What matters is that we had fun!

And that we learned something along the way. Right guys?

If the Devils miss out on Garland (not that I am rooting for that to happen), could they not work a lineup w/ Jones/Reddish/Barrett?

I know the vibe is that Reddish and Barrett are not likely to play together, but I think their skills can complement each other. Barrett is the best shooter of that group.

I think they could work with that even if they landed Garland.

Jones/Garland/Barrett/Reddish/Vrank is totally doable, if very young. I'm listing Vrank there because I have no idea if we'll land a center in that class. Williams and McCormack both seem like a stretch to me.

I dig that lineup. Williams is probably out of reach, and not because he is disinterested in the Duke program; it sounds like folks around him have other plans. McCormack would be a great addition IMO but it is pretty tough to identify where he is leaning towards at this point.

I wouldn't expect Reddish and Barrett to be mutually exclusive unless one of them has actually said this. They are dumb for thinking that way if true.

Our depth chart next year is ass without 4 more elite commits to fill every position except PG, plus some longer term commits as depth.

PG Tre Jones (FR), Jordan Goldwire (SO)
SG Alex O'Connell (SO)
SF Jordan Tucker (SO), Jack White (JR)
PF Javin DeLaurier (JR)
C Antonio Vrankovic (SR), Marques Bolden [?] (JR)

I don't think most people realize that Duke is in 100% Kentucky turnover mode now - if the freshman class is bad or doesn't have enough OAD bodies in any given year, the roster is absolutely terrible. Four more elite OADs along with Jones who want immediate playing time will have it at Duke. If a 6-7 guy doesn't want to play PF at Duke, he's an idiot. It's the glamour position in basketball. Most of the PFs in the NBA are going to be 6-4 former point guards in a few years.

I disagree SMTEM. You had two elite guys to that roster and it's a top 5 team. I think Tucker plays more than O'Connell this year due to his body being more advanced but I think O'Connell has a higher ceiling and plays more next year. If Reddish is 6'7 205 now, then he could be 6'7-6'8 220 by the time he gets to Duke. That's bigger than Winslow who played the 4 for us.

Jones 6'3 fr
O'Connell 6'5 so
Tucker 6'7 so
Reddish 6'8 fr
Vrank 6'10 jr

That's a top 10 team if there aren't any flops. Throw in Reddish or Barrett, another big and another guard and we're set.

I don't think it matters how tall Reddish is, his game seems so much softer than Winslow's. Is there anything out there that suggests Reddish would be as good on the glass as Winslow or Tatum at the 4?

You included Reddish twice. I am going to assume you meant DeLaurier. Why would that be a top 10 team?

Here are their recruiting rankings (per 247's composite):

Jones - 12
O'Connell - 68
Tucker - 84
DeLaurier - 40
Vrank - 227

If any other team besides Duke was trotting out a roster with those recruiting rankings, would you think they were even top 25?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom