Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Cameron Reddish

We weren't a top 5 team in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 or 2017, so saying that it's a top 5 team if we just add 2 OADs to go along with Tre Jones doesn't seem reasonable to me. Duke has finished top 5 on Kenpom once in the past 6 seasons. The current coaching staff requires an outlandish talent advantage to put out a top 5 team.

I think we need at least 4 OADs to go with Tre Jones in that class to even be competitive with a middle seed in the NCAAT (Duke 2017 was not good enough to compete with a 7-seed). We will likely get something like 4 OADs and 2 other freshmen in the top 100, which should be good enough to be a top 10 team all season.

Last edited:
We weren't a top 5 team in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 or 2017, so saying that it's a top 5 team if we just add 2 OADs to go along with Tre Jones doesn't seem reasonable to me. Duke has finished top 5 on Kenpom once in the past 6 seasons. The current coaching staff requires an outlandish talent advantage to put out a top 5 team.

I think we need at least 4 OADs to go with Tre Jones in that class to even be competitive with a middle seed in the NCAAT (Duke 2017 was not good enough to compete with a 7-seed). We will likely get something like 4 OADs and 2 other freshmen in the top 100, which should be good enough to be a top 10 team all season.
But how many of those teams had an elite PG? I don't think it matters how much talent we have unless K has a PG and in the years we struggled, K usually had a shitty PG or someone playing out of position.

I do think Tre will make everyone around him better, but I also think there's only so much he can offset the very average talent we're projected to have on the roster. And it's not like that average talent will be in its 4th year of playing major minutes together like they would be at somewhere like UVA.

I do think Tre will make everyone around him better, but I also think there's only so much he can offset the very average talent we're projected to have on the roster. And it's not like that average talent will be in its 4th year of playing major minutes together like they would be at somewhere like UVA.
I probably jumped the gun on top 5 but you don't think Jones, O'Connell, Tucker or White, Reddish, DeLaurier could be top 10? I'm with everyone else though, I think Barrett is a superstar and he's my favorite prospect in any class.

Would much rather have RJ Barrett.

The is the rightest you have ever been, pun intended

Topher, any insight on how the staff views Reddish and Barrett? Do they prefer Barrett like we do? Also, there was a flurry of Barrett CB picks to UK tonight. Is this just the typical UK stuff on the CB or is legit?

I think this answers your question:

I don't think wanting Barrett AND Reddish is wishful thinking, but I'm the optimist on the board. Haha.

They're mutually exclusive and Duke, sadly, is too far deep with Reddish. I want Barrett more than any non-Stones recruit but we're probably not going to get him.

You included Reddish twice. I am going to assume you meant DeLaurier. Why would that be a top 10 team?

Here are their recruiting rankings (per 247's composite):

Jones - 12
O'Connell - 68
Tucker - 84
DeLaurier - 40
Vrank - 227

If any other team besides Duke was trotting out a roster with those recruiting rankings, would you think they were even top 25?

Not sure about Tre, but that perimeter defense 1-3 would most likely be the ultimate shit show

Tre's defense is much better than Tyus's. But I agree. Interior defense would probably be good though.

Would much rather have RJ Barrett.

Topher, any insight on how the staff views Reddish and Barrett? Do they prefer Barrett like we do? Also, there was a flurry of Barrett CB picks to UK tonight. Is this just the typical UK stuff on the CB or is legit?

I don't think wanting Barrett AND Reddish is wishful thinking, but I'm the optimist on the board. Haha.

They're mutually exclusive and Duke, sadly, is too far deep with Reddish. I want Barrett more than any non-Stones recruit but we're probably not going to get him.

This really sucks.

Best case scenario is Barrett goes to Oregon then.

This really sucks.

Best case scenario is Barrett goes to Oregon then.

Barrett and Reddish are not "mutually exclusive" according to the guys who are getting paid to cover this stuff. We are in better with Reddish right now and we need to work on convincing R.J. to join him. That's all.

Anything else is fake news. Pretty scandalous for it to continue manifesting itself on this site.

For the record, I hope we get Barrett because that means we don't get Tatum-lite

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back