Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Cameron Reddish

I guess I'm in the minority in regards to how I feel about Reddish.

After watching him, I love his talent and skill set. His length, lateral quickness, body control, FT rate (recently finished 2nd in the EYBL in fts attempted), shooting ability (his recent USA shooting stats were great and in the EYBL made 76% of his FTs on great volume) and ball-handing translates well to college and the NBA. In fact his ability to create in iso situations, is as good as any wing we've had.

While Barrett is the better/more polished player and actually has a motor, I think Reddish is a future top 5 pick as well and there isn't a talent gap between he and Barrett.

Last edited:
2001, the knock on Reddish is that you never know which Reddish you'll get. He gives minimal effort in certain games, and is prone to stretches of really bad decisions that hurt his team.

2001, the knock on Reddish is that you never know which Reddish you'll get. He gives minimal effort in certain games, and is prone to stretches of really bad decisions that hurt his team.

Certainly not guaranteed, but I think those issues you mention could be addressed by playing at a higher level and finding that extra motivation. There are all kinds of young guys that occasionally float but find an extra gear when the stakes are high. Since it is his intent to be in school for 1 year, he would want to make a big impact. As an optimist, I think the Duke coaches (or another high level coaching staff) can help him through these things.

Conversely, you also have folks like Bolden who may be unwilling or unable to find that extra gear. We shall see.

Well, the effort doesn't trouble me as much as reports of him basically "stupid-ing" or "selfish-ing" his team out of games.

Cam may be making a commitment very soon - like D-F, there is much debate on other boards about how awesome it would be to have Cam be part of the Duke program vs. the concern about Cam's attitude or that he is an obstacle to securing Barrett.

That speaks a lot for how Lebron and Co. views Reddish's potential.

I love the fact that Reddish and Barrett are so strongly attached to Nike as well, it really gives me confidence that Juicy Capable is basically working with unlimited cap room for their recruitment.

That speaks a lot for how Lebron and Co. views Reddish's potential.

I love the fact that Reddish and Barrett are so strongly attached to Nike as well, it really gives me confidence that Juicy Capable is basically working with unlimited cap room for their recruitment.
If this was someone like, say, Dennis Smith, we would be talking about how he was radioactive due to Acadida$

Another item to consider about Reddish is he is thought to be a very unselfish player on the court. Reports of poor body language aside, his willingness to move the ball can only help other top tier players want to play alongside him.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom