Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2017-18

torontoduke

Legend
Start filling this with your bold predictions, random Coach Cal tweets, etc.

At least our expectations for next year will be vastly different than this year. I'm looking at an NCAA tournament berth as a successful season. Feel free to quote me when we barely make the NIT.

The SEC welcomes UNC and NC State. The Duke/Wake Forest rivalry will live on.

Last edited by a moderator:
SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

The SEC welcomes UNC and NC State. The Duke/Wake Forest rivalry will live on.

Can we get Vandy from the SEC in exchange?

Last edited by a moderator:
When asked, I'm going to start telling people I live some place like Connecticut, rather than admitting that I'm from NC.

Miles Bridges returning for sophomore year at Mich St. Isn't that kind of a big deal?

deepdarkblue said:
Miles Bridges returning for sophomore year at Mich St. Isn't that kind of a big deal?
We're playing them in November. They also added a really good PF, Jaren Jackson, and another 4-star PF. Maybe they will play an all-PF lineup? I am likely going to that game because it's in Chicago. If we somehow lose to them, I will never attend another Duke game.

Mich St should be good next year. It would be nice if Vrank and Bolden (lol) are playable to guard that giant fatty who pushed Amile around in Cameron this season.

I'm currently reside in Indiana, and have seen La Lumiere play - as darkblue mentioned, he is an absolute monster. If they somehow get Bowen too, they will be a problem.

bdotling said:
Triple Towers!

I wish. Appears our head coach got fat and happy after landing Giles and Tatum.

Kentucky walks to a title next year, IMO.

AxeS24 said:
bdotling said:
Triple Towers!

I wish. Appears our head coach got fat and happy after landing Giles and Tatum.

Kentucky walks to a title next year, IMO.

Yea - Im not feeling great about this years squad. Kinda a let down if we dont get 2/3 remain targets (Duval, Knox, Bamba). We need to utilize all our scholarships, no reason to not give them all out. No reason to not offer another SF or even a PF if there any left. THis years freshman are just not as polished as previous years. Def a step down. Maybe it will be a blessing in disguise and some of these freshman will get overshadowed by a terrible Duke year, and we can collect some talent, wishful thinking.

Giles, giles giles.

Duke will have the better player at 4 of 5 positions to UK if Allen comes back.

Sort of depends on UK's returnees as well, right? I doubt Bam returns, but if he did he'd be better than our second big.

Will Duval be better that Quade as a freshman? Quade may have an adjustment period like Cook did. And Duval is certainly ranked a lot higher and more "talented." The reason I preferred Quade was simply for multi-year purposes.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back