Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2017-18

I'm hoping this is the year KU loses their conference title streak.

I'm hoping this is the year KU loses their conference title streak.

They look pretty mediocre, IMO. Good opponent tonight, but they have not looked very good for most of the season. Should have lost to KSU on Saturday.

I don't care about KU's streak except for all the time the media spends lauding them for it. They've been even worse than Duke in the tournament under Self.

I didn't realize how objectively terrible a season they were having. #29 overall on Pomeroy and falling. Is Rupp Rafters wondering if Calipari went senile?

UK is extremely blah. No other way to describe them. Rolling it up at home against a no-show UofL team is the season highlight so far. Knox is their alpha, which is a role I'm not sure he's really built for.

I have a theory that failing to finish the undefeated season in 2015 broke Calipari's mojo, but no one around here seems to believe me. I know they were one shot from the Final Four last year, but I dunno, there seems to be a different feel about UK since that season.

UConn lost 73-49 to a mediocre Memphis program moving them to 10-8 on the seasonamd theyve been blown out by anyone worth a damn. I knew the American conference would knock them from being consistently elite but damn they’ve fallen further than I thought possible. UConn forum is in full fire Kevin Ollie mode.

The AAC has hurt them but Ollie is terrible. They need a new coach. Wonder if they will get Pikiell from Rutgers.

I know the Pac-12 is horrible, but Arizona has responded well to their early season disaster 3 game losing skid. They are now 14-4 and 4-1 in conference.

UK's recruiting class next year isn't all that either. They have the 12th and 13th ranked players. Their next highest recruit is 32. Maybe they'll get several of the guys from this year to return, which would help them but which in Calipari's eyes would be a failure.

UK's recruiting class next year isn't all that either. They have the 12th and 13th ranked players. Their next highest recruit is 32. Maybe they'll get several of the guys from this year to return, which would help them but which in Calipari's eyes would be a failure.
Just hoping Zion doesn’t pull a Knox on us all. I can’t see many guys returning. Diallo is gone, Knox is gone, Alexander probably gone. Maybe they get back Washington and Richards but kind of doubt it

That still leaves Gabriel, Green, Killeya-Jones, and Vanderbilt as returnees. Would easily be the most experienced team Cal has had at UK.

Maybe not, but Givony only has him as the 50th best prospect. Also, it's a generous prediction to say that Washington and Richards are leaving.

Vanderbilt’s probably leaving. They can have Gabriel, SKJ and Green. If they don’t get a major impact one and done like Zion I’m not worried. That 2012 team was so nasty because they had a dead eye shooter in Doron Lamb, a senior Darius Miller who could shoot, and defend. Terrance Jones was a top 5 recruit who was a great college stretch 4. Then they added a generational player in Davis. They don’t worry me unless they get Zion or some reclassified player like Carney.

Sorry if I think Cal is a good enough coach that with a bunch of sophomore and junior top 25 talent they can take a major step forward. Crazy notion, I know.

Imagine those Cal quotes coming out of K's mouth and the hellstorm of takes that would follow.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom