Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2017-18

Yeah, that doesn't make me think Vanderbilt is like Jordan Tucker. It makes me think Cal is a fucking asshole.

Sorry if I think Cal is a good enough coach that with a bunch of sophomore and junior top 25 talent they can take a major step forward. Crazy notion, I know.
We’ll see. Also depends how good the incoming freshmen are. They would take a major step forward if Quickley and Johnson are good shooters. I’m not sure that Cal won’t force some people out the door. I don’t actually know where Washington and Richards would go but lately it seems that if Kentucky players think they’ll be drafted second round they leave.

Imagine those Cal quotes coming out of K's mouth and the hellstorm of takes that would follow.

Yeah, he's always gotten away with saying shit that "K-rat" would be savaged over. I mean look how badly people freaked out when K talked about disliking court storming cause of player-fan interaction issues.

In other news, this seems like it would change a hell of a lot:

Recruiting the transfer market might become more important than recruiting the high school ranks.

Was looking at Quade Green's stats and realized I must not understand offensive rating. How does a guy who shoots 48/40/79 and takes a good amount of threes only have a 112 offensive rating? Does turnover rate really destroy offensive rating that much?

Either way, those numbers suggest a very good sophomore, etc. That's assuming Quickley isn't so much better that Green is pressured to leave. Would be the smarter move on Cal's part to play both guys.

In other news, this seems like it would change a hell of a lot:

Recruiting the transfer market might become more important than recruiting the high school ranks.

I think this will mostly hurt us. I think there are more guys looking to transfer "down" than "up" in a given year.

That's possible. But it might also open the door for more Seth Curry or Rodney Hood types who want to prove to scouts they can compete against top tier talent, or maybe those who want to play at a blue blood but weren't good enough out of HS. Even if a kid is seemingly happy at a school, say the coach gets fired or something. At that point that might just be enough of an impetus to seek a better situation.

True, but how many of those are there in a given year? I think we'd start losing 3-4 guys a year and be lucky to get one back.

This is partially because we're at the top of college basketball. A middle-of-the-road program might actually benefit more because players could transfer both "up" and "down" to it. Also, playing depth will become a LOT more important. Hopefully this only affects our next coach.

I know UNC has gotten the benefit of the conference schedule but damn doesn’t it always seem UVA has a charmin soft schedule? Literally seems like every year, they get the most favorable schedule out of the usual powers.

Because no one wants to watch them lose (or even play, for that matter) on TV.

Would they at least sit out the year in which they transferred? Or are kids gonna get to college, start seeing peers at top schools playing and realize they could fill team needs and transfer in time for conference play.

Should I buy into Purdue as a dominant team? I haven't watched them. Their Kenpom profile (top 6 defense and offense) would suggest that they are the most title-worthy team out there.

You never know with Cal teams but I'd guess that Green, Richards and Alexander return from the group that "could" go pro.

Green 6' so
Quickly 6'3 fr
Alexander 6'5 so
Gabriel 6'11 jr
Richards 6'10 so

It'll be better than this years team, or at least more consistent. But I don't see them being a contender.

Funny thing, I argued with my U.K. Buddies for weeks before the season saying Knox is better suited as a stretch 4. They argued against it and now that looks like what Cal is doing. Green, Alexander, Diallo, Knox, Richards is the way to go.

Playing at the 4 makes up for his average handle and shooting.

At Duke he would have been forced to play the 3 as well (due to Carter and Bagley needing to be on the floor).

Don’t think Alexander will be back. He’s projected as a lottery/first rounder. UK fans hate Diallo it’s hilarious

Playing at the 4 makes up for his average handle and shooting.

At Duke he would have been forced to play the 3 as well (due to Carter and Bagley needing to be on the floor).

I doubt Bagley comes here with Knox in the fold. We lucked out on that one

You will be able to effectuate real-time transfers, including during games. Since K's only remaining talent is recruiting, our path to a competent defense will be persuading the guys that are killing us on ball screens to just join our team for the second half of the games.

I see no reason why we can't beat Virginia by subbing in their players on key defensive possessions. If you don't support this, you don't care about the student-athletes.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom