Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2017-18

Two games tonight with 1-seed implications in which the favorite can realistically lose:

8:00pm ET WatchESPN
Virginia (-8.5) at Georgia Tech

9:00pm ET ESPN
St. Mary's at Gonzaga (-7.5)

Gonzaga will be huge favorites in every remaining game except vs. St. Mary's, at St. Mary's, and possibly vs. St. Mary's again in the conference tournament. Win them all, and they have a decent shot at the West 1-seed, disgustingly enough, especially now that the selection committee will consider Kenpom and Sagarin. Beating Ohio State on a neutral court by 27 now looks like a great win for them, as Ohio State has proven to be the best team Duke could have possibly faced in the PK80 tournament. Gonzaga lucked into that resume booster while Duke drew not-as-great Texas and Florida. Shame.

Virginia's only loss this season is a road game at Kenpom 11 West Virginia. If they don't start collecting some bad losses, they might edge out Duke for the South 1-seed even if Duke beats them at home. Their only remaining Kenpom top 25 opponent is Clemson at home.

Remember the Martin twins? Apparently they are not yet 30.

Clemson’s second leading scorer Donte Grantham 14.2 PPG/7.2 RPG/2 APG supposedly suffered an ACL tear against Notre Dame today. Tough day to be a Clemson fan

Clemson’s second leading scorer Donte Grantham 14.2 PPG/7.2 RPG/2 APG supposedly suffered an ACL tear against Notre Dame today. Tough day to be a Clemson fan

Another team that UNC has a home and home with this year, if anyone is keeping track.

That's the 2nd home and home team for UNC this year that lost their best player before UNC had to travel there to play.

As Duke plays @ Clemson this year and they already blew it against UNC, I am OK with that.

I agree with this take. No team at the NBA level has done shit with a player having Young's usage, so I don't see why that wouldn't be true in college as well. He took 39 shots in their loss to Oklahoma State. If you throw in the 12 FTs and the seven turnovers, we're talking at least 50 possessions used (depending on and-ones and three-shot fouls). 48 points doesn't look quite as impressive. I'm also not nearly as high on his pro prospects as before, but that's a different discussion.

http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebas...d-that-might-not-be-good-for-oklahoma-sooners

Last edited:
Same Rome and I don't think he'd fit with our team. I think we'd have a few unhappy players.

Another team that UNC has a home and home with this year, if anyone is keeping track.

That's the 2nd home and home team for UNC this year that lost their best player before UNC had to travel there to play.

Yeah this one helps Duke and UNC equally but it's ridiculous how lucky they get with this shit even in their "tough year". I think they're gonna go like 13-5 and get a 2 seed. They have solid wins against Ohio State, @Tenn and Michigan too. It would be nice if they'd lose at a desperate Va Tech tomorrow.

Clemson has scored 29 points with 8 minutes to go in the 2nd half.

Virginia is amazing, granted Clemson is without Grantham.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom