Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Derryck Thornton

Would have been fun to watch the team get by with 4 players during the stretch where Matt was injured.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Why wasn't he sat down and spoken to about it"

Amazing. Duke had no choice but to adapt the offense. I am sure DT (and the other 10 players) were "spoken to" about this. Is K supposed to ask an 18 year old if his strategy is ok with him?

Thornton failing is the best thing that could happen for this Edwards dude, although I'm not really sure what the end game is. He's gone from someone no one knew existed to being the ultimate unearther of Duke lies.

If K had actually turned the Duke offense into all Thornton pick and roll, all the time, I would not have watched the games. I probably would've looked up dementia symptoms and treatment and offered my expert analysis on that topic. Absurd that there is a strong majority of people who believe Thornton pick and roll was a viable option that K should even have considered.

I'm laughing at the thought of all the Duke-Forum.com avatars' faces while watching a lineup with Harden and Durant in it, and instead of running plays for those two guys, it's all Emmanuel Mudiay pick and roll. Astonishing.

And the equivalent of Mudiay p-n-r-ing with Chris Anderson. Wonder what the average decrease in our AdjO would have been for each time it was run?

So apparently this dude pulled the same shit with Daniel Giddens at OSU. Haven't seen anything about Giddens transferring, but if it happens it won't be nearly as big of news.

rome8180 said:
So apparently this dude pulled the same shit with Daniel Giddens at OSU. Haven't seen anything about Giddens transferring, but if it happens it won't be nearly as big of news.

Oh, I've seen tons of chatter about Giddens and Mickey Mitchell transferring on a number of boards. I guess it hasn't been announced yet, but it sure seemed liek there was a ton of smoke.

rome8180 said:

This dude = "Uncle" Mark?

Yes. And Childress, my point is that the trainer probably won't be tweeting about it, and if he does it's not going to be a national story with commentary by Matt Jones (the UK one), etc.

It's awesome that this trainer calls himself an "uncle" and scoffs when people call him a handler, while he's trying to convince multiple players (with whom he has no blood relationship) at multiple schools to transfer. And he's basically able to drive the narrative on Twitter.

What a world.

Also, he looks like Avon Barksdale.

rome8180 said:
Yes. And Childress, my point is that the trainer probably won't be tweeting about it, and if he does it's not going to be a national story with commentary by Matt Jones (the UK one), etc.

He'll find a way to blame it on Paulus

Weird that the "uncle" is a handler and still wonders why staff won't say hi.

Mark Edwards: "Hi, I'm not even related to Derryck but I am hanging out in your facilities and just want to say that Derryck should be used more in the pick and roll."

Scheyer: "..."

If Thornton is an example of how effective his "training" is, he might want to keep that relationship quiet.

childress22 said:
rome8180 said:

Oh, I've seen tons of chatter about Giddens and Mickey Mitchell transferring on a number of boards. I guess it hasn't been announced yet, but it sure seemed liek there was a ton of smoke.
Giddens transfer is happening.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
If K had actually turned the Duke offense into all Thornton pick and roll, all the time, I would not have watched the games. I probably would've looked up dementia symptoms and treatment and offered my expert analysis on that topic. Absurd that there is a strong majority of people who believe Thornton pick and roll was a viable option that K should even have considered.
This guy disagrees. He thinks K did a great job varying the D but didn't maximize the offense. All tweets below are by the same guy.

This guy is a basketball savant. Knows everything right and wrong about every Duke player's game. Check his timeline for April 3rd tweets. Surprised the coaches haven't put him on staff, yet.

In all this, it's hard to hate a kid who is surrounded by leeches and vultures. I find it particularly disgusting when family members don't have a kid's best interests at heart but just see him as a fast track to a paycheck (however delusional they may be to think that).

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom