Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Derryck Thornton

“Things were so loose for USC that injured guard Derryck Thornton, who was on the bench during the game, was sitting on a stairwell during halftime chatting on FaceTime”

Probably with his uncle

He has played in 10 games for USC.

33% of his shots are midrange jumpers, and he makes 15% of those. He is shooting 27% from 3.

On 20% usage, his offensive rating is 74.

His PER is 5.1, BPM is -3.2, WS/40 is -.003.

He has a 27% turnover rate. His assist/turnover ratio is 0.76.

Probably the worst player Duke has ever recruited, at any recruiting ranking. Like with Jordan Tucker, I don’t think any of the staff talked to his family or watched him play for more than an hour before offering.

He has played in 10 games for USC.

33% of his shots are midrange jumpers, and he makes 15% of those. He is shooting 27% from 3.

On 20% usage, his offensive rating is 74.

His PER is 5.1, BPM is -3.2, WS/40 is -.003.

He has a 27% turnover rate. His assist/turnover ratio is 0.76.

Probably the worst player Duke has ever recruited, at any recruiting ranking. Like with Jordan Tucker, I don’t think any of the staff talked to his family or watched him play for more than an hour before offering.

Slander! Trojans should let him shoot off of high ball screens more often.

As awful as his Duke stats were, I think the Devils' staff did a decent job with him. His USC season has been a disaster, although he missed about a month with a shoulder injury.

I, too, will fondly remember that Duke trotted out a player that shitty for 40 minutes at eventual national runner-up UNC, and said shitty player made the winning play.

I remember arguing with Lhys - who was very concerned after watching a few games of his - that Thornton had to be capable since he was a 5* ranked PG and that college basketball scouts must have him that high for a reason. Back to back years of Thornton and Bolden killed whatever remaining pollyannaish trust I had in the acumen of college basketball media or evaluators.

There’s still a live thread for this motherfucker. It will never die.

I remember arguing with Lhys - who was very concerned after watching a few games of his - that Thornton had to be capable since he was a 5* ranked PG and that college basketball scouts must have him that high for a reason. Back to back years of Thornton and Bolden killed whatever remaining pollyannaish trust I had in the acumen of college basketball media or evaluators.
My finest moment, besides telling you guys that Bagley's defense was going to be a disaster. I underestimated Bagley's offense, so that one's a wash, I guess.

I thought Thornton was going to be great. Pitino was all over him which I thought was a good sign and I remember a couple of the national experts, possibly Evan Daniels being one of them, really hyping up Thornton.

I remember he did a nice spin move early in the season against VCU and thought he was going to take off from there- lol.

If Thornton knew what he was, a solid reserve guard off the bench, he would've had a solid career.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom