Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2017-2018

First time listening to the TDD podcast. Pretty good honestly. @Topher is really great on the mic. I also forget that Carolinians have southern accents. For some reason it made me laugh. I think it's because I give everyone on here a midwestern voice.

lol I don’t even think my accent is that strong. I appreciate the kind words, I’m still trying to get smoother at this after 40 episodes.
It's definitely not strong, but clearly noticeable to a Michigander like me.

Ya, Watson sounds like a proper bubba. You come off as southern, but not inbred hillbilly southern.

Was that Watson or Clark on the podcast?

As for Topher it doesn't register to me that he has any kind of accent at all. That really sounds southern to midwestern ears?

I mean, he doesn't sound like a caller on the Paul Finebaum show, but yes, it definitely sounds southern.

The new Eye on College Basketball is up too. They always do a fair job discussing Duke. I would not recommend Mark Titus's Ringer podcast, however. Bunch of haters if there ever were any.
I actually find Titus pretty funny, probably because I'm from Ohio. Tate, though… Fuck him!

Good thing you guys can't hear my accent. I would probably lose credibility in the IQ department purely based on accent.

It's all relative. I don't have an accent when I'm in Arkansas. I probably sound like an outsider. But when I travel outside of the South, I am immediately given away as a southerner the second I speak.

Eh mine is pretty deep. Seems the older I get, the deeper the accent. Not sure why.

People here understand me fine, but when I speak to anyone outside of the south, some people have trouble with it. Oh well!

Physics is right, it's all relative. I've lived in North Carolina almost all my life. Whatever accent i had apparently waned while i was at duke, given that almost all of my friends, their parents, etc., told me i didn't have much of one. But they'd probably think/hear differently now.

Incidentally if you'd like to get up to speed on southern accents, go to youtube, and type in "Tim Wilson southern accents".

After that, type in "ward burton" (former NASCAR driver).

Last edited:
I don't have much of a southern accent despite living my whole life in northwest NC with redneck family, but I'm immediately exposed when I travel because I pronounce "pen" and "pin" the same. I also call a winter hat a toboggan, but I mostly keep doing that on purpose to fuck with daggum yankees.

Yeah, I mean mines not real deep to my peers and family, but its comical to others.

winter hats are toboggans
and you put your groceries in buggies

Buggy? I worked in a grocery store in a little hick town and never heard a grocery cart called a buggy.

So how about that Duke team, guys???

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30