Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Bball Alumni

More like the Duke curse. You fuck over Duke and you get screwed.

The most relevant outcome will be finding out what other scrub guard NO signs instead of giving Cook a chance.

Really good job listening to your jackass dad. Would have played 30+ every game next year and for the rest of his college career.

I'm sure he'll make a fine living playing in Greece or w/e.

Really good job listening to your jackass dad. Would have played 30+ every game next year and for the rest of his college career.

I'm sure he'll make a fine living playing in Greece or w/e.

On the flip side, he probably would have also gotten hurt at Duke too, and probably at the perfect time to derail a promising season.

So is that one less foot injury for this year's Duke team? Or does it not transfer over like that?

I still blame him. I know it's petty but in a way screw him, honestly, i'm kind of cheering against him succeeding. It just doesn't sit right with me that not only did he leave knowing he was fringe 1st round, but he did it after talking about how he was just using the combine for feedback and then on like the last fucking day or w/e hiring an agent, when he would have had all the minutes he could handle. Like... I don't want that shit to be rewarded.

But hey he talked about the #Brotherhood so it's all okay :unamused:

Of all the early departure decisions in Duke history, Frank's was really among the worst.

Whatever Grayson does in the offensive showcase for him this season (since we have no other guards who can dribble, pass and shoot all at a high level) could have been done by Frank, maybe to a lesser extent, but similar. Would've liked to have seen those two guys kill it together, with a bunch of PnR alley oops to Bagley and Carter thrown in.

Last edited:
Eh. I think Duval will wind up being better as a true lead guard. Frank was the better shooter, but way his handle was way too loose. And had he stayed and gotten hurt, and Duval gone elsewhere, it would have been an utter shitshow.

A bit odd he was 'flagged' as an injury risk before this, though. He missed one game last year, and I don't think I heard of him being hurt in HS. Guess anyone who plays on the CIS floors should be 'flagged'.

Duval is a much better fit for this team. We needed a real PG and we got it. The scoring will be fine with Allen around 20, Bagley/Carter in the teens and Trent should be in double digits.

I guarantee you Duval's efficiency will be about 15 points lower than Frank's would have been. Not sure whether a handful of extra assists would offset that. Maybe, when you factor in better overall ball movement, team chemistry, and pace of play. Personally, I am a little skeptical of the "true point guard" obsession.

Marshall ended up as the best looking plumlee. I guess that's the price to pay for the t-rex arms.

Agree with that. Both Mason and Marshall have squashed narrow heads. Miles also grows the best facial hair.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom