Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Coaching

I only remember zone late in the exhibition when the shitheads were in
A lot of zone today, and it was pretty effective against an over-matched team at creating turnovers that led to fast break points. Will be interesting to see how much we play it / when we play it against MSU

K finally playing anything but insane M2M overplay is a revelation.

Imagine what was going through Izzo's head. He no doubt spent the bulk of his offensive practice time since their last game on handling Duke's overplay m2m. Probably had the team watch hours of Duke video, saying "See? This is their defense, it's all that K runs. They'll probably push even harder this year, they have the athletes to do it".

The first few MSU possessions, Izzo is thinking, "This is a ploy, they'll go back to their same ol' defense on the next possession". AND IT NEVER HAPPENED.

I'll bet Izzo cussed K for about 35 minutes of the game. "You can't fucking do this, you've never done anything like this in nearly 40 years"

"Can he do this? Is he even allowed to do this?"

"What the fuck are you doing, Mike? THIS IS NOT YOU!!! You be you, motherfucker!!"

Wojo had and Marquette had a solid Maui Invitational. They beat VCU and LSU, scoring over 90 points against both. Lost to Wichita State by 14, but they played them competitive overall.

I think it's a bad mark on Collins if Northwestern takes a step back and doesn't make the NCAA Tournament. On paper they should be better than last year. They don't look good at all to start the season. Their next three games are @Georgia Tech, Illinois and @Purdue. So they're either going to right the ship early or be on the brink of imploding.

Collins may want to throw his hat into the Louisville ring and strike while the iron is hot. He can ride the success of last season for the rest of this year whether he makes the NCAA Tournament or not.

The Texas Tech game was bad, but losing to Creighton (Cretin) is not the end of the world.

I think they may get back on track. GT is missing some key elements, Illinois is a winnable game, Purdue will be tough.

I said this on chat a few days back, but I feel this is shaping up to be a classic let down season for Northwestern. Last year was the best season in program history, and one where they finally shed the most infamous postseason drought in college basketball. A regression this year would not be at all surprising. 2018-19 will tell us more about Collins and his program than anything this year, aside from a trip to a E8/FF.

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I am convinced that the rest of this year and next season will be decisive in how we look back on the OAD era under K. Win at least one title, and he can be called The Master non-sarcastically for the rest of his life. No titles or deep tournament runs, and 2015 will definitely be chalked up as a total fluke and the post-2010 seasons, aside from said six-game run, probably won't be remembered with much fondness. I mean, not cashing in (from a basketball standpoint anyway) with such transcendent talents as Bagley and Barett would be a travesty, and K should retire out of embarrassment.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom