Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Football 2015-2016 Discussion

Another group of officials gets to eat and drink for free for the rest of their lives in a very desirable city to do so in, with the sacrifice of officiating two ACC games they didn't care to be at anyway. What a harsh penalty.

If I were an official, I would get into baseball and make a disastrous call that gifts a World Series to the Yankees over the Marlins. No one would care about the Marlins getting screwed, and I would live like a king in Manhattan for the rest of my life. What is the incentive not to do this? No one is going to overturn results after the fact, so there is no downside.

aiw said:
This was worse than the Mets loss. That was on the players/manager not getting it done. This wasn't.

I have no horse in this race, but that's nonsense. Miami was playing it's first game after firing it's coach, was playing with their back-up QB and committed over 200 yards worth of penalties. This was absolutely on the Duke players and coaches for not getting it done. They trailed by double digits at home against a team and program in turmoil coming off of a 58-0 nothing loss to Clemson.

Was Duke wronged at the end? Absolutely, but it's Duke's own fault for even having been in that position to begin with. They should've blown Miami out of the water when you consider Miami has an interim coach, back-up QB, and 200+ yards worth of penalties.

Nope. Disagree.

Mets have fucked themselves. Duke may have played poorly, but put themselves in a position to win.

Slap the Floor said:
it's Duke's own fault for even having been in that position to begin with. They should've blown Miami out of the water when you consider Miami has an interim coach, back-up QB, and 200+ yards worth of penalties.
That happens in football. I was not sold on the big line favoring us at all, because of the intangible factors at play. This always had the potential of being a trap game, well before the emotion of playing for a new coach and the off-field stuff with a player's parent's death. Did we play like crap? Sure, we did. But in spite of all that, we were in position to win the game and seized the opportunity.

And then it all got ripped away so painfully. Shit, all I am is a fan, and it hurt me. And using my kids as an example, exactly how am I supposed to explain that yes, the referees made a big mistake, and their bosses have said so, but yet, that big fat L still goes against us?

Oh, they got suspended. Yippee. Sure does help.

Slap the Floor said:
aiw said:
This was worse than the Mets loss. That was on the players/manager not getting it done. This wasn't.

I have no horse in this race, but that's nonsense. Miami was playing it's first game after firing it's coach, was playing with their back-up QB and committed over 200 yards worth of penalties. This was absolutely on the Duke players and coaches for not getting it done. They trailed by double digits at home against a team and program in turmoil coming off of a 58-0 nothing loss to Clemson.

Was Duke wronged at the end? Absolutely, but it's Duke's own fault for even having been in that position to begin with. They should've blown Miami out of the water when you consider Miami has an interim coach, back-up QB, and 200+ yards worth of penalties.

The is the absolute most nonsensical position, but I see it all the time after terrible officiating.

Isn't that cont? They are easy to confuse.

ZackM said:
Slap the Floor said:
aiw said:

The is the absolute most nonsensical position, but I see it all the time after terrible officiating.

If she hadn't been wearing a short skirt and walking down a dark alley drunk, she wouldn't have been raped. Therefore the rape doesn't matter.

physicsfactor said:
Slap the Floor said:
I have no horse in this race
Lolwut? You know that we know you're a Miami football fan, right?

I am not. I don't support a college football team. I post a lot on a Miami message board, however. Like a lot. They actually gave me a 2 day ban for trolling them with Duke stuff.

aiw said:
No, cont is a Michigan fan. It is well-known on TDD that chs is a Miami football fan. DGAF if he tries to deny it here.

physicsfactor said:
aiw said:
No, cont is a Michigan fan. It is well-known on TDD that chs is a Miami football fan. DGAF if he tries to deny it here.

Oh yeah. Michigan and UCLA. Confused my trolls.

physicsfactor said:
aiw said:

Cont being a Michigan fan is the worst thing ever. It legitimately upsets me.

physicsfactor said:
aiw said:

If you insist. I've done a lot of trolling on TDD, so it's quite possible I said that. If I recall, however, I posed as a Notre Dame football fan on TDD.

Cont posts on the Miami forum I post on. He roots for Michigan and UCLA. I think he's dropped his Duke fandom, although, I could be wrong.

My sports fandom has always been:

Yankees, Knicks, Giants, Rangers, Duke. soccer: Liverpool, Juventus, USA and Italy.

I only will watch certain college football games. For the most part I think college football stinks. I like a lot of the SEC battles, and I'll watch a lot of the teams filled with kids from the southern state savages from Florida, Georgia, Alabama, etc. The Big 12 and Pac-12 have no understanding of defense and the quality in the ACC is horrendous. Miami football stinks. Duke football stinks. Vtech football stinks. The entire coastal division is a steaming heap of crap. I refuse to watch that garbage.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back