Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Forum Death Pool 2017

In honor of Tom "Might Be Dead, Might Not" Petty, one of the greatest music videos of the 80's, and probably my favorite.

One of the Rolling Stones could be next. I saw them when they came to Wallace Wade. That was back in their senior citizen days.

In honor of Tom "Might Be Dead, Might Not" Petty, one of the greatest music videos of the 80's, and probably my favorite.

It's funny how that's arguably his most beloved/recognizable video, but in the Tom Petty documentary that came out a few years ago, he grouses a lot about it, because he claims to have thought from the beginning that it was a ludicrous concept. He seemed pretty annoyed that for the the rest of time, no one could hear that song without thinking of "Alice in Wonderland."

That was the blessing and the curse of the music video heyday - you could become famous based on a video that you hated and that you thought totally misrepresented your music.

Reactions: TS9

To me this was his best song/video. His expression at 2:50 when the big titted women walks up is priceless. Sums up what an unassuming star he was. He wasn't the stylistic groundbreaker Prince or Bowie was, but he was probably a better songwriter.

Also worth mentioning - a great live performer. My wife and I went to see him twice, and I saw him a 3rd time when I took a friend for his retirement celebration.

Fat comedian Ralphie May becomes one of the rare fat comedians to live past the age of 40. Grats on the extra five.

YA Tittle.

I thought he died 30 years ago.

Robert Guillaume, 89. I loved him in "Soap" back when I was a kid. That was a helluva a show back then.

Soap is amazing. And way ahead of its time. He was also Isaac Jaffe from SportsNight. On a weird note, I am doing a SportsNight rewatch now. Just the other night, I was remarking that it was amazing that he was still alive after suffering a stroke at a relatively old age during the filming of the show.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back