Votes: 5 17.2%
  • NC State by 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NC State by 11-20

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • NC State by > 20

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I humbly submit that Bolden should start this one over Giles.

I assume Matt will be asked to harass Smith.

This is a team we should be embarrassed to stay within single digits of. Gottfried effect in full bloom now.

TS9 said:
I humbly submit that Bolden should start this one over Giles.

I assume Matt will be asked to harass Smith.

I haven't seen State play this year, but if Smith's game is built around quickness, I feel like Jones is the wrong matchup for us. Probably a few different guys should take turns guarding him, and whenever Frank Jackson is in, he should be on him.

Smith is going to get his. The rest of State is horrible. Didn't Smith Jr. and Frank have some big battles in AAU? Maybe Frank would be best in that situation.

I'd be impressed if Duke manages any defense whatsoever against NC State's backcourt. It's not just Smith. The other guy, Terry Henderson, is really good on offense, too. Bombs away from 3 and avoids midrange (64% of his shots are from 3, 19% are from midrange, 18% are at the rim). While he doesn't get a lot of layups, he still draws a decent amount of fouls (38% FT rate). He's a good enough shooter with this shot selection (38% 3pt, 70% FT) to be NC State's most efficient scorer, though Smith is obviously doing the heavy lifting to get Henderson open looks.

NC State's defense is how they lose so much. If Capel can come up with something to slow down Smith and Henderson, it will just be a bonus on top of hopefully putting up close to 100 points and outscoring them.

Looking at their roster: the Henderson/Smith backcourt, the sharpshooter (Maverick Rowan), big bodies in Abu, Anya, Yurtseven, not sure why this team has been so bad. They look kind of scary on paper.

They play incredibly shitty defense. Like, way worse than even _uke plays in even numbered seasons.

They're capable of being decent. They beat the living hell out of Va Tech, for instance. But at SMTTEM said, their defense is atrocious, and to my eye they have a real problem with overall effort. They often just don't seem to care. Which is why I'm thankful this game is at Cameron.

Seems these days like we drop 100 on Wake and State waaaaaaay more than any other conference team.

Just remember, we're their Super Bowl! Though why UNC is evidently an afterthought for them, I have no idea. I guess Gottfired (I call dibs on that one) is too dumb to understand that his entire career at NCSU hinges on winning against UNC at least occasionally.

I guess I'll keep doing these just to see whose pessimism, or ironic optimism, is the most accurate.

And #1 finally goes down. It was a hell of a ride.

Cjr1crM.png

I want a point for being the only asshole to pick state. You fucking optimists and your blind loyalty to this dead team.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil