Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

It will be a tall order to land them both. I am hopeful, but not overly confident.

That's an understandable position. I am not 100% confident, but I like our chances. Outside of Knox, who has the tandem of Capel/K missed on lately? We are on an incredible run of player acquisitions. I see no reason that will change when we will likely be the talk of basketball this year with our freshmen. The brand is as strong as ever.

It's making my blood absolutely boil that taking Reddish is going to cost us Barrett. on TDD I got downvoted into oblivion, but I haven't changed my mind, R.J Barrett and Nas Little is so much better than anything involving Reddish, and the reason for that is it seems like if we land Reddish we are out for Barrett.

Barett >>> Reddish, and I also think Little pairs better with Barrett better than Reddish. From what I've seen Reddish likes the ball in his hands, I think Little would be fine from what I've seen just being really physical on drive attempts and even down low, playing within the offense and sticking open threes as opposed to the ball sticking in his hands.

I don't understand the Reddish infatuation among some Duke fans. Is he a very good player? Sure. But he's not Barrett. Barrett is an elite player, and there is a gap between the two. I would like to have both, but that doesn't seem like a possibility. I think everyone loves Reddish so much because they don't know much about Barrett, whereas Reddish has been a Duke lean for a while now and has been talked about frequently in rosterbate posts. It's funny because it seems to me that since Barrett reclassified Reddish seems to be suddenly speeding up his recruitment to commit to Duke, in a way to beat Barrett to the punch.

I'm steamed about this whole situation. I'll be even crazy levels rustled if he commits to UK, and I'll be very pissed off if we saw Barrett/Emmitt Williams commit to Oregon. That's better than going to UK, but goddamnit I would have LOVED to see both of them commit to Duke over Reddish and whatever big man we will get.

Last edited:
Could we potentially land Reddish AND Nas Little? I still want Barrett badly, but I'd also love two elite wings no matter who they are.

STF, I doubt the people infatuated with Reddish have watched very many of his games or Barrett's.

It will be a tall order to land them both. I am hopeful, but not overly confident.

That's an understandable position. I am not 100% confident, but I like our chances. Outside of Knox, who has the tandem of Capel/K missed on lately? We are on an incredible run of player acquisitions. I see no reason that will change when we will likely be the talk of basketball this year with our freshmen. The brand is as strong as ever.

I think they missed on Mohamed Bamba as well.

I think they missed on Mohamed Bamba as well.

I think we were clandestinely involved with Bagley longer than the timeline that has been made public knowledge. It makes sense that we didn't land Bamba- we were targeting someone better. I love Mo as a player, but he's limited offensively relative to Bagley.

It's making my blood absolutely boil that taking Reddish is going to cost us Barrett. on TDD I got downvoted into oblivion, but I haven't changed my mind, R.J Barrett and Nas Little is so much better than anything involving Reddish, and the reason for that is it seems like if we land Reddish we are out for Barrett.

Barett >>> Reddish, and I also think Little pairs better with Barrett better than Reddish. From what I've seen Reddish likes the ball in his hands, I think Little would be fine from what I've seen just being really physical on drive attempts and even down low, playing within the offense and sticking open threes as opposed to the ball sticking in his hands.

I don't understand the Reddish infatuation among some Duke fans. Is he a very good player? Sure. But he's not Barrett. Barrett is an elite player, and there is a gap between the two. I would like to have both, but that doesn't seem like a possibility. I think everyone loves Reddish so much because they don't know much about Barrett, whereas Reddish has been a Duke lean for a while now and has been talked about frequently in rosterbate posts. It's funny because it seems to me that since Barrett reclassified Reddish seems to be suddenly speeding up his recruitment to commit to Duke, in a way to beat Barrett to the punch.

I'm steamed about this whole situation. I'll be even crazy levels rustled if he commits to UK, and I'll be very pissed off if we saw Barrett/Emmitt Williams commit to Oregon. That's better than going to UK, but goddamnit I would have LOVED to see both of them commit to Duke over Reddish and whatever big man we will get.

lol

I would downvote you, too. There is a ton of time and lots of moving pieces/behind-the-scenes stuff yet to unfold.

Who would have thought 3 or 4 months ago that we'd have Bagley this year?

There is no way Mike Krzyzewski goes into next year with Cameron Reddish as his only elite option at the 3 and 4. That will not be enough to chase a banner given the lack of bigs in this class.

He'll either get Zion or R.J to go along with Tre, Garland, and Reddish. The question to me is which big(s) we get.

Hasn't Topher basically said that Reddish and Barrett are exclusive?

And maybe it's just me, but a Zion and Reddish pairing doesn't excite me too much.

And maybe it's just me, but a Zion and Reddish pairing doesn't excite me too much.

Yes, and Slater and Rowe have not. Battle of the insiders, I guess. Slater has said for a year that we'd take two elite wings in this class.

Kevon Looney comes to mind. Mohammad Bamba was essentially a fastball down the middle that they refused to swing at and struck out. Quade Green stiff armed us.

Plus, there's the missed evaluations of taking Chase Jeter over Caleb Swanigan, Derryck Thornton over literally anyone else, and Karl Anthony-Towns, Myles Turner, Julius Randle, and Austin Nichols (lol) turned us down.

Then there's the guys we couldn't afford...

Yes, and Slater and Rowe have not. Battle of the insiders, I guess. Slater has said for a year that we'd take two elite wings in this class.

You might need to reread Slater's thoughts.

You might need to reread Slater's thoughts.
I have a 247 account and have read every Slater post for the last year and he has never said anything about Reddish and Barrett being mutually exclusive. He has said 2/3 of Reddish/Williamson/Barrett were more likely than getting all 3. He has said Duke needs to strike while the iron is hot. He has said Barrett and the father are very "aware" of Duke.

I will kneel in deference to you forever if you can find the post . And you've posted premium content recently from ESPN so that shouldn't be a big deal to you.

Kevon Looney comes to mind. Mohammad Bamba was essentially a fastball down the middle that they refused to swing at and struck out. Quade Green stiff armed us.

Plus, there's the missed evaluations of taking Chase Jeter over Caleb Swanigan, Derryck Thornton over literally anyone else, and Karl Anthony-Towns, Myles Turner, Julius Randle, and Austin Nichols (lol) turned us down.

Then there's the guys we couldn't afford...

Missing on Quade Green was a huge blessing in disguise. He's honestly, just not that good and should be in college for awhile. Would have made it hard to get Jones and impossible to even be in the running for Garland.

I think we still land Jones but, yes, he would have forced us away from Garland.

I'd rather have Quade than Duval. Maybe not this year -- though possibly that too -- but I believe he will provide far more overall value.

I would tell you to read between the lines, Axes, but it's so obvious that you don't even need to do that. Maybe listen to who is on the podcast with Rowe and Slater and see if you can figure it out.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back