Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

Montgomery is a 6'10 power forward. I'm totally fine with a commitment from him. I think he would fit next years team well and be versatile at the 4/5.

Montgomery is a 6'10 power forward. I'm totally fine with a commitment from him. I think he would fit next years team well and be versatile at the 4/5.

I agree. He could play the 5. E.J. had 39 points and 15 boards for Wheeler last night.

Tre Jones, Jordan Goldwire
Cam Reddish, Alex O'Connell
R.J. Barrett, Jack White
Zion Williamson, Javin DeLaurier, Justin Robinson
E.J. Montgomery, Marques Bolden, Antonio Vrankovic

Room for 1 more.

This is only a benefit if we're staring in the face of having to play Bolden 30 mins a game otherwise.

I will enjoy reading the news reports of Calipari spontaneously combusting, though.

I literally know nothing about EJ. We gonna have a Duke Fab Five that all go 1st round?

He is rated as the 6th best player in the class. To me, he looks like a slightly less athletic Javin with more skill. So there's a chance he's a 1st-round OAD but I've learned projecting NBA drafts 2 years out is a fool's errand.

I believe Evan Daniels is also really high on Montgomery and has said he's improved a lot.

The hype surrounding this team may surpass that of the Fab Five. And I guarantee there will be articles talking about us beating the Brooklyn Nets.

I think Coach K likes the idea of subbing in DeLaurier for Jones and going with Reddish at the point for some stretches. Then you would have K's ultimate wet dream defensive lineup of Reddish, Barrett, Zion, Montgomery, and DeLaurier. Pressure m2m with everyone switching every screen.

Obligatory EJ Montgomery video. Looks sort of like Brandon Ingram x Marvin Bagley. :

#14 on green has the most Jiggy Hairston ass since Jiggy Hairston's ass.

Here's another video, where he's going against recent LSU commit and rapist, Emmitt Williams. I once wanted Williams at Duke, but, rapiness aside, I've decided he's just more of a dick than Duke needs. Duke is regarded as dickish enough already, no need to add actual dickishness into the mix.
Anyway, here is a good and sometimes very bad basketball video:

Nothing about his game screams OAD to me, he looks much closer to Chase Jeter than Marvin Bagley. Which is fine, we need some non-OAD recruits for next year.

Nothing about his game screams OAD to me, he looks much closer to Chase Jeter than Marvin Bagley. Which is fine, we need some non-OAD recruits for next year.

I understand your point but feel it should be pointed out there's a massive gulf between Marvin and Chase.

EJ seems to be very coordinated/smooth and is quite skilled. Chase was just awkward and weak and unskilled. I will take pleasure in him averaging 4 and 4 next year at Arizona. If he's lucky.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom