Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Gary Trent Jr.

5 years ago i'd have been antsy all day about him making his decision.

Today I completely forget he was even announcing until after it happened.

Nice work, should be a great addition. Looks like he'll get heavy minutes his 1st year, based on the graduates + early exits.

I expect something in between Andre Dawkins and Devin Booker. Yes, I'm aware that's a wide range.

That's fine. Granted, there are no good guards in the 2018 class. But a rotation of Luke/Luke and Luke/Luke should work fine.

No idea what our roster will look like last year, but you'd think that a 1-2-3 of Duval-Jackson-Trent would be something of an upgrade defensively over the twin turnstiles that were Luke and Grayson. If they both leave, all 3 would start.

Duval
Jackson
Trent
Bamba
Carter

or

Duval
Jackson
Trent
Knox
Carter

seem like the most likely starting lineups in that scenario. If we land Bamba but not Knox, it could be one of those rare years where we simply don't have enough talented wings to play small. If we land both, K will probably start Bamba and Carter to start the season only to revert to small ball by February. Our lasting image of the season will be Bamba sulking on the bench during yet another opening-weekend loss where we give up 50+ in the second half.

Don't be so hyperbolic. White Flight will play at least 10mpg to give Alex a breather.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Duval (40)
Jackson (40)
Trent (40)
O'Connell (40)
Carter (20) / Bolden (10) / Bamba (10)

I agree except that K will play Bolden 30/ Carter 8/ Bamba 2 - he favors his upperclassmen after all

(Ed for homonym error...)

Yeah, Jack White made token appearances late in the season this year, so he is good for at least 1 minute in any rosterbation.

deeyoukayeee said:
Don't be so hyperbolic. White Flight will play at least 10mpg to give Alex a breather.

I thought he's Vegemite dunkwich

I think I want a chipwich right now. Too bad I don't have any.

Tasmanian Dribble

torontoduke said:
Based on his size, do you guys see GT playing the 3 spot for Duke?

Exclusively, with the exception of some potential spot minutes at the 4.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back