Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Golf

NOD

All American
I realize this is an odd time to start one, but, with Augusta coming up fairly soon, and those of us in the geriatric set loving this game, I figured this would be the time to start it.

For those that wanna see some fun, Tiger's in a dog fight with Charles Howell (who, BTW, confessed to Kelly Tilghman today that he has NEVER, EVER beaten Tiger head-to-head for money in the almost a hundred times that they've played for money against one another), down 1 with 3 to play in the match play.

It's on the Golf Channel.

Every spring I pray that one of the 3 people I know with Masters tickets invites me to a round.

So far I haven't been a good enough friend.

I need to dust off my clubs. Haven't played in two years, which is stupid.

69528101512385280313301.jpg

That was one of the most surreal golf pictures I've ever seen.

Tiger misses the putt on 16, Howell goes dormie.

Rollins said:
Every spring I pray that one of the 3 people I know with Masters tickets invites me to a round.

So far I haven't been a good enough friend.

It's definitely not easy. Thankfully, growing up in ATL and going to school with the old money folk in prep school, that was never a problem.

When I was in med school (Medical College of GA is in Augusta), there were 4 4th-yr students selected every year by past recipients who got to work the medical tent for Masters week. In return for working the medical tent for the week, you got a full day, dawn-to-dusk, to play the National -- that includes the par 3 course as well as the main course -- you even got a caddy. THAT was a good deal.

Howell is now dormy with Tiger. 2 up and 2 to play.

Seriously. Great shot.

Lowry left himself a fairly easy putt to win it, though.

EDIT: Got it. Down goes Rory.

Tiger's distance on his mid- and short irons has been all kinds of wonky today. He's been way short and way long, but almost always on line.

Looks like Tiger and Rory are both done.

That sound you just heard was the network weeping...

They still have daylight there? Isn't this in AZ?

bfactor said:
They still have daylight there? Isn't this in AZ?

Yeah.

'Light' is relative. Even with all the filters and magic the cameras can muster, it actually looks friggin' dark out there.

It is VERY dark. Apparently the tournament official gave them the option of stopping or playing on, and both Howell and Tiger elected to play on.

Tiger's saying he elected to play on because he was playing well.

I was gonna say. It's already getting dark here and I'm a few hundred miles west of them.

dkst0426 said:
It is VERY dark. Apparently the tournament official gave them the option of stopping or playing on, and both Howell and Tiger elected to play on.

I don't think Tiger was answering entirely honestly there. He and Howell WERE both playing very well. But, in match play, if you lose 2 consecutive holes and have a chance at a reboot the next day, you take it.

He knew his chances of surviving were slim, and preferred the possibility of getting out of town tonight rather than waiting til tomorrow for something that was highly unlikely to be successful.

NOD said:
dkst0426 said:

I don't think Tiger was answering entirely honestly there.
Oh, no doubt. He's such a cagey personality, I rarely take anything he tells the media as the whole truth anyway.

I'm just waiting for Lindsey Vonn to show up at a tournament with him. The resulting flurry of activity by all the sports talking heads will be funny to watch.

lol

BTW, you've been a welcome addition to the board. Post frequently. :)

Yeah, I think we would all agree that Tiger needs to be out 'ho'in' it up in order to save his golfing career.

Tiger looking good at Doral (drive ending up stuck in palm trees notwithstanding). Nice end to the round at 18 with the birdie.

Less than 6 weeks to Augusta.....

bno1020130409c9034.jpg

Still on the Bucket List, even though I'd be likely to be one kicked out for sneezing during a player's shot, if my nose today is any indication.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom