Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Happy Holidays

Ordered some random junk that I needed for the house from Bed Bath, not realizing it was holiday season and there were crazy delivery promotions going on. They are going to deliver this stuff by 12/24 for free. How awful are these delivery workers' jobs during the holidays? I don't even want this so quickly, but I have no other option.

Ordered some random junk that I needed for the house from Bed Bath, not realizing it was holiday season and there were crazy delivery promotions going on. They are going to deliver this stuff by 12/24 for free. How awful are these delivery workers' jobs during the holidays? I don't even want this so quickly, but I have no other option.

UPS has put extra people on the trucks, but haven't added anyone at the terminals to unload the trailers when they come in, to load the delivery trucks, or to deal with the walk-ins customers that they get mobs of at this time of year. Consequently in Wilmington yesterday, they didn't get the trucks loaded and out until almost 11AM (it's ordinarily 9) and they were still out delivering last night around 10PM in my neighborhood.
UPS has had a terrible year in terms of how they've responded to extreme situations.

Got my aluminum pole put up last night. Airings of Grievances followed by Feats of Strength commencing at my house at 4PM this year, I feel we need to get an early start.

Happy Festivus, guys!

SetSize200200-Strength.jpg

Last edited:
Merry Christmas (to some)! And Happy Hanukkah (to some others)! And Happy Day Off from Work (to most of you who don’t recognize religious holidays)!

My 4-year old got in trouble at preschool a couple of weeks ago for telling kids Santa isn’t real. I was so proud.

Then a couple of days ago at my in-laws he cried and begged for more when he opened the last of his gifts from his grandparents. Ungrateful little shit. We’ve had several talks about thankfulness / gratitude / contentedness / whatever else, and we’ve even pulled out the “some families don’t have money to get their kids many gifts” talks. We’ll see how this morning goes. Probably gonna suck.

So your 4 year old got in trouble for telling the truth?

And people wonder why America, the country I love, is in the shitter.

My girlfriend had to go down to NC and I had to stay here. I'm pretty happy about it though. Gives me some extra time to mess around on creative projects and watch the NBA. But the main benefit is not having to be around her family.

I've named this week Taint Week. Taint Christmas, taint New Year's. It's a useless span of days where some people try to go back to their regular routines while others see it as an ongoing holiday.

I've named this week Taint Week. Taint Christmas, taint New Year's. It's a useless span of days where some people try to go back to their regular routines while others see it as an ongoing holiday.
There are 4 out of 30 people in my office today.

Yay new year. I am literally drinking bourbon and champagne together by myself. Everyone went to sleep because I am married with a kid and old. Not Farmer old but still...old enough.

Yeah, we just watched a movie. Didn't even drink. I'll probably stay up 13 more minutes until it's midnight here but not because I really care.

Did not even try to make it to midnight this year. I spent this morning laughing at everyone posting bye bye to the terrible 2018. My 2018 was pretty damn great. The wife and I both got significant raises. We didn’t have another kid this year. The Patriots didn’t win the Super Bowl. Pretty good year.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back