Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Javin DeLaurier

Javin in 2018/19:

He will likely be a major part of the rotation next year. He must learn to limit his fouls while providing his high-energy style of play.

Too many fouls this year - I love his aggression, but this must be curbed.

Him fixing his constant foul trouble and Bolden staying healthy. I guess with how much talent we have 1-4 that Bolden, Del, Robinson and Vrank is enough to get it done downlow. Or at least it should. Four 6'10+ guys that are 3 juniors and a senior.

Him fixing his constant foul trouble and Bolden staying healthy. I guess with how much talent we have 1-4 that Bolden, Del, Robinson and Vrank is enough to get it done downlow. Or at least it should. Four 6'10+ guys that are 3 juniors and a senior.

I am not confident at all in Vrank or Robinson.

I somewhat optimistically think junior Bolden and DeLaurier can be senior Zoubek and Lance Thomas.

Can this dude like, learn how to do something? It would be one thing if he was unskilled player with good instincts around the rim, but he can't even seem to score garbage buckets. Massive waste of athleticism and really disappointing lack of development thus far in his career.

He shoots 75% at the rim. 2nd only to Bagley on the team (among players with more than 10 attempts. His offensive rebound rate is higher than Carter's or Bagley's. "unskilled player with good instincts around the rim who excels at scoring garbage buckets" is actually exactly who he is on offense. He is miles ahead of where Lance Thomas was on offense at the end of his senior season and we are only half way through his sophomore season - I don't consider this a good example of lack of development.

LT was elite defensively and Z was elite on the offensive rebounding side.

I think junior Jav and Bolden are miles ahead of junior LT/Z. Jav/B can score better than senior LT/Z but we won't really need that from them. The big kicker is we had the Plumlees/Kelly off the bench. 2 decent NBA rotational players and 1 starter.

That Duke team had:
LT 6'8 sr
Z 7' sr
Miles 6'10 so
Mason 6'11 fr
Kelly 6'10 fr

Next year will have:
Bolden 6'11 jr
Del 6'10 jr
Robinson 6'9 jr
White 6'7 jr
Vrank 7' sr

That 2010's FC was much better defensively/rebounding which is what next year will need IMO. Protect the paint and rebound is all we need out of the 5 spot. I worry about depth a little but I wouldn't be shocked to see K close out games with Tre, AOC, Barrett, Cam, Zion. I don't like it but maybe it'll work.

I think the BC depth will be ok with Jones, RJ, Alex and Gold. I think in a perfect world K would sign 2 more four year guys, one off guard/wing and one post player but if this is the final roster then I think we're ok as we don't have any major injuries.

Dang. Looking at that, 2010 is clearly much deeper. I really don't think White, Robinson, or Vrank can be counted on. Hell, neither can Bolden or Javin (I just have more hope based on recruiting rankings and body type)

We definitely need a grad transfer if the coaches agree with Rome that Bacot won't be ready.

Last edited:
I'm expecting little to nothing from White and Vrank next year. I know ppl love/hate my minute but here is what I'd expect:

Tre 34/Gold 6
Barrett 32/AOC 8
Cam 30/AOC 10
Zion 30/Robinson 10
Bolden 20/DeL 20

Barrett and Zion in the high teens in terms of PPG, Cam in the mid teens and Tre in the 10-12 range. No one else averages double figures in scoring. Zion may average a double double.

IIRC, Kelly didn't even play, and K lamented not red shirting him.

RK played against Gonzaga in a blowout at MSG, but had few other chances to shine in 2010. You are correct - in 2013, K publicly said he wished he gave RK a red shirt in 2009/10.

I'm expecting little to nothing from White and Vrank next year. I know ppl love/hate my minute but here is what I'd expect:

Tre 34/Gold 6
Barrett 32/AOC 8
Cam 30/AOC 10
Zion 30/Robinson 10
Bolden 20/DeL 20

Barrett and Zion in the high teens in terms of PPG, Cam in the mid teens and Tre in the 10-12 range. No one else averages double figures in scoring. Zion may average a double double.
Fuck the haters. You do you Mon

He’s like this eager puppy dog. Just has to tone it down a notch. Hopefully the more time he gets on the court the more the game slows down for him

Yeah, I'm sure some of it is nervousness and excitement. He has no clue when he's playing or for how long.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom