Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Justin Robinson

Always tough to tell. I would have said Vrank was better too, but he didn't look it yesterday.

He may not be better, but he's definitely better suited to this team. We desperately needed a 3 pt threat from someone other than Allen.

That said, I still maintain that Bolden is our best defensive big besides Javin (and maybe even better than Javin, given that Javin has fallen off lately, though that may just be the result of chronic injury).

That said, I still maintain that Bolden is our best defensive big besides Javin (and maybe even better than Javin, given that Javin has fallen off lately, though that may just be the result of chronic injury).
Robinson is acceptable on D, and really fits a need on O.

Javin and Bolden almost negate their impacts on D by creating space issues on O.

Javin in particular provides absolutely nothing on offense. He needs to learn how to cut or something.

Still not concerned about anything but defense though. Poor spacing hasn't seemed to stop us from scoring the crap out of the ball.

85+ ppg in every game but one almost halfway through the season (depending on tournament games played). Has that ever happened?

85+ ppg in every game but one almost halfway through the season (depending on tournament games played). Has that ever happened?

I have not looked at the numbers, but I would not be surprised to see the 2014 team in that neighborhood

Not talking about averaging 85+, which has happened a ton. Just that kind of dependability. I think the rebounding really evens out the offensive performances.

I find it hard to imagine us winning a game 63-61 like 2001 Duke did. Bagley would have had to have died on court or something.

I was at that game. Excruciating to watch. JWill and Boozer killed.

Javin in particular provides absolutely nothing on offense. He needs to learn how to cut or something.

Still not concerned about anything but defense though. Poor spacing hasn't seemed to stop us from scoring the crap out of the ball.
I don't think Javin's positioning is as terrible as his ability to do things with a basketball while moving. He looks so uncomfortable dribbling or catching passes thrown at him as he is cutting. His weird breakaway layup in the tourney last year where the ball slipped out of his hands but went in the hoop encapsulates his issues. He can catch just fine when stationary which probably explains why he's generally fine when rebounding in corraling the ball

Next year we should try to use him a bit as a roll man. I say that, but for whatever reason Duke has never really utilized the rolling big on the pick and roll. Miles and Mason would have been great at it, but instead Miles got zero touches and Mason did awkward postups.

Not sure either Javin or Bolden is providing more value than him. If any of you rewatch the game, pay attention to his defense. It's stellar.

My only complaint was he was gun shy today. There was one possession where he should have shot a couple times and I think we ended up having a shot clock violation

Looked at the box score. Was surprised to see that his was a bunch of zeroes except for that one "turnover."

I still haven't gotten over the change in the way they call travels that started a couple years back. Basically, if you are standing on the perimeter and look hesitant before starting your dribble, it's a travel.

I was worried about our post depth next year but Robinson looks like he'll be ready for a solid 10-15mpg off the bench next year.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom