Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marques Bolden

Nothing redeeming about his performance, honestly. I want him to be good, but he's just not.

He tried, I really think he did. He battled more than I remember, but the end result is that he is virtually unplayable.

It's impossible for me to understand how this behemoth can be so weak. Slow, I understand. Weak, I don't get.

Getting to that usual Duke transfer stage where the coaches tell him it’s not working here for whatever reason, so go try to find your game somewhere else, for everyone’s sake. Probably makes an NBA roster in a few years.

If he doesn't cause chemistry problems then I still like him for 10mpg off the bench.

I guess a better test for him will be when we play man again, but in a zone, he's just not active enough.

I still see a silver lining with him. If he just kicked out his offensive rebounds vs trying to go up with it, I think we generally would have been happy with his performance relatively speaking. Vrank only got 1 rebound, Bolden had 4 in 9 minutes.

Yeah, if he goes in understanding what the team needs from him (rebs and D/alter shots), then he will be good for this team. I have seen enough airballed putbacks already.

I still see a silver lining with him. If he just kicked out his offensive rebounds vs trying to go up with it, I think we generally would have been happy with his performance relatively speaking. Vrank only got 1 rebound, Bolden had 4 in 9 minutes.
Agree dot. He's not as bad as some make him out to be. He just hasn't lived up to potential but he's actually a damn good reserve big. Hopefully he's wise enough to come back next year.

His activity looks pretty damn good this year. I'm just beginning to question whether he has any talent. He really struggles to finish through contact which is a huge problem given that most of his shots will be putbacks and deep post looks. But yea, he's a better option than Vrank who seems to have no chance of executing defensively in our hyperactive scheme.

He does two things well. Move his feet in space and get offensive boards. If he can't finish and won't kick out after the offensive rebounds, that skill isn't useful. And if we're playing zone, that negates his other skill.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom