Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marvin Bagley III

Figured we needed a thread for this young man.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's gonna make UNC's back-to-back so much sweeter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to agree with Axe here. I think there is a perfect storm for Duke to land Bagley, with everything it entails, and all the signs on 247 are pointing at it.

K is out in a few years. Capel is a perfect fall guy, being paid well enough to be set for life after this and with no further damage to be done to his reputation. Collins and Wojo were asked to leave soon enough to remain squeaky clean and are waiting to be the face of Duke's redemption. With how well K's operation is presumably run, and how incompetent the NCAA is, there's also a good chance of no consequences.

I'm on board. Make a few more runs. Collins can clean it up.

From Bagley's perspective, why wouldn't he reclassify, unless he expects Silver to get rid of one and done within a year? Anyone who would be an early 1st round pick and can speed up his path to the NBA should of this. Seems like a no-brainer done deal; Duke just needs to win the bid.

Looks like the perfect NBA center in today's game: highly skilled and just happens to be large. Shot better from 3 than Trevon Duval last season in HS. 29% 3pt. That can be improved quickly, assuming he has hardly worked on his 3pt shot at all to this point. Free throw shooting was respectable. 67%. Should be able to shoot around 65/35/70 with some work and better coaching, and surrounded by good players in college, whether it's at Arizona or Duke.

I concur, Sean.

I was really bummed about missing out on Mohamed Bamba, because I didn't think we would be able to compete for a title without at least another big. It really had me rethinking my long-held beliefs vis a vis Krzyzewski. Was this the same coach who once had an inimitable killer instinct molded from his hardscrabble upbringing in Chicago, military service, and tutelage under Robert Montgomery Knight?

Leave it to Master Krzyzewski to silence my doubts and somehow put us in prime position to land the only big in the world not in the NBA who is better than Bamba. Better than Ayton. Indeed, Marvin has long been touted as the next best thing.

Next year, Master Krzyzewski will also be able to silence those who think he goes small when he has the requisite talent to go big. You better believe we're going to see a lot of Bagley/Carter, Bagley/Bolden, and Carter/Bolden. The man will adjust to his personnel, like any maven of the hardwood would.

If Frank had returned, I'd be championing undefeated talk. Alas, I'll be pleased with 37-3.

DE4EWV-VYAA-xjk.jpg:large

Topher said:
Where is that from?

It's been floating all over Twitter. I don't know the primary source. If it's not Bleacher Report, someone is good at photoshop.

In any event, I'm hoping Marvin commits after his visit this week. I think he will and will be with us in the Dominican.

So only person on 247 with a Bagley prediction for USC is good ol' Jerry Meyer.

I think K has to lock it up on this visit.

Should be noted that freshman Bagley will be almost the exact same age (to the month and day) as freshman Tatum if Bagley enrolls next season, so concerns about being overhyped due to youth and potentially being disappointing for his one year in college are not all that valid. I'd prefer to get Bagley one year later, since he'll be one year better at that point, but as it is, we wouldn't be getting a guy who is too young to meet his hyped expectations as a freshman.

However, I will be sad if we never get to see what a Derryck Thornton - Bagley combo would be capable of. Probably deprived the world of absolute brilliance in the PnR.

Since Bagley is a lefty, most people will be inclined to compare him to Luke Kennard and Lee Melchionni. Resist this temptation. I would compare him more to college Blake Griffin, with some current Blake Griffin thrown in.

You beat me to it, physics. :D

I'm just an idiot watching YouTube clips, but everyone I've talked to or read online who has seen Bagley play in person says he's the number 1 player regardless of class, a 10-year All-Star at the next level, etc.

I can't wait to see the odds in Vegas once this officially happens.

I'm not totally sure what Bagley's "tools" are going to be on offense.

It seems like he does a lot of things pretty well, but not necessarily well enough to do them in Duke's offense. Like, his three point shot looks fine and be shoots threes, but he seems to only hit 20-25% of them. He's got a solid handle for his size, but not quite like a perimeter player, and his A/TO was like. 33 in EYBL, or something.

I guess this all boils down to our faith in K to get the most out of his talent, which is unfortunate.

I just don't understand how he is possibly described as some sort of Lebron/KD/AD level of generation talent when he couldn't even lead his AAU team to a win

Just finish some lobs off Duval penetration is all I ask. And get some rebounds.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom