Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marvin Bagley III

He's so damn fluid. Almost no wasted movement around the rim with little hesitation.

Assuming the YOLO threes won't occur in real games.

But yikes @ the FT shooting. He was bricking them bad in warmups too, so i'm not sure what we can expect going forward.

Im hoping we put so much foul pressure on the other teams, most of which don’t have post man depth, that it doesn’t matter

In order to "make more FTs than our opponents take" like the announcers are always saying about us, we might have to have a 5-to-1 ratio of attempts.

In order to "make more FTs than our opponents take" like the announcers are always saying about us, we might have to have a 5-to-1 ratio of attempts.
We'll have to double our standard pay for the refs.

He's so damn fluid. Almost no wasted movement around the rim with little hesitation.

Assuming the YOLO threes won't occur in real games.

But yikes @ the FT shooting. He was bricking them bad in warmups too, so i'm not sure what we can expect going forward.

I thought he was more like high 60s in high school so I was surprised they looked so bad. I guess the percentages are a better indicator than the form assuming there’s a real sample size. But yeah, not good.

I decided over the summer that fts will be the death of us and I’ve seen nothing to change that opinion.

Duke can survive without the bigs and Duval in the single bonus and at the end of close games, so horrendous FTs aren’t such a concern to me. Goldwire, Allen, O’Connell, Trent and Vrankovic will need to defend and rebound well enough to survive one four-minute stretch against a few top teams. Offensively, I’m not worried about any lineup with Allen in it, as long as someone competent can bring the ball up for him (Goldwire) and he’s surrounded by shooters and a big screener (Vrankovic).

If K is not a moron, that lineup will win at least one close game in the NCAAT. Keeping Bagley, Carter, DeLaurier, Duval and/or Bolden in to trade 1 point for 2-3 points every possession over one unlucky stretch would cost us the season. Yeah, it sucks for at least 5 scholarship players to be totally unplayable in clutch situations, but Duke has enough additional bodies who can be competent with Allen doing everything for them.

The bigger problem of Hacka simply won’t happen in college basketball. NBA coaches can do it because the talent pool is so deep and roster spots are so scarce that teams shouldn’t be playing guys who shoot sub-50% from the line. K, Izzo, Self, Calipari, Roy, etc. destroying their sport with Hacka would be dumb for their own careers, and I’m sure they have an unwritten rule not to do it. A lesser coach doing it to one of them would result in the lesser coach being blackballed from the sport. 350+ college basketball programs aren’t going to be able to put 5 guys on the court at all times who can make FTs.

Im hoping we put so much foul pressure on the other teams, most of which don’t have post man depth, that it doesn’t matter

I was hoping that the ability of Carter & Bags to put it on the floor and do work at the rim would lead to opponent's foul troubles.

Like one of the announcers mentioned, it's hard to believe that he could be playing in high school right now. Could you imagine this guy playing against some 11th graders right now?

Like one of the announcers mentioned, it's hard to believe that he could be playing in high school right now. Could you imagine this guy playing against some 11th graders right now?

I wanna know why the hell he was only putting up 12 points a game or w/e on the AAU circuit when he was playing much worse competition than he is now? Weird

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom