Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

Feel like the Red Sox have a legit chance at chasing down the #1 spot if they can get 2 out of 3 from the Skanks this weekend. 6 back right now. I bet that 4 game series at the end of the season between Houston and Boston decides the #1 seed.

I don't know- The Red Sox are so hot right now, they will eventually have to really cool off. They've won 8 in a row, probably 9 after tonight.

If there were any fools here who thought a Washington sports team might do something in the postseason this year, this should end it.

Devers is only the second lefty EVER to take Chapman deep, and that guy's been pitching for 8 years. That's some dominance there, and one hell of a swing from the rookie.

Yeah, I wasn't watching it live, so I have to take back the frustration with Chapman last night after seeing the replay. It was a fluke hit, dude basically closed his eyes, swung, and hoped for the best. It happens.

That being said, I still remain unimpressed with Chapman. He's a thrower, not a pitcher.

Devers reminds me of Miggy Cabrera. Same body type and build and Devers looks to be an elite hitter down the road. I'm pretty disappointed in Bogaerts. After hitting .320 two seasons ago and 21 homers last season I really thought we'd see something like a .300+ avg, .370ishOBP, .475Sish Slug with 25 homers. He has massively disappointed and regressed this season. I really hope they resign Nunez though Pedroia is always hurt and Nunez can basically play 3 positions. Next season we could DH Devers some to let Nunez play some third. But I think the key is getting a power hitting to protect Betts.

I think starting pitching and bullpen is set but definitely need a power bat.

Topher said:
AxeS24 said:
Future AL ROY Aaron Judge hit his 10th dinger today. Kid's a superstar. He's better than Giancarlo Stanton.

Damn, you were doing so well until that last sentence.

Time to revisit this?

Judge has a chance to be the most popular athlete in the country. Shades of Mantle. Mega star.

Judge has looked like shades of Adam Dunn over the last month +

Yeah, it's not been pretty. He's fouling off balls that he crushed earlier in the year. Some of it is regression, too. I think he is smart enough to figure it out and hit .275ish for the rest of the year.

I envy all you guys who can pay attention to baseball for an entire season. Being an O's fan limits my endurance.

I envy all you guys who can pay attention to baseball for an entire season. Being an O's fan limits my endurance.
I don't and can't. I watch the big Sox games and every couple of days I'll check stat updates.

Despite this being a lost season, I'm excited about Amed Rosario and Dom Smith.

Hmmm, I think Judge only broke the single season record. Dunn's record spanned over two seasons, so Judge is still shy a few games.

I think this is the third time since the All-Star break that the Yankees have had the Red Sox beaten only to have the bullpen blow it.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom