Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

I think it is important for the Yankees to stay on their current track. They need to get under the luxury tax threshold next season. I don't care if the Yankees take a step back next season, they need to keep building towards the future. The Yankees have the chance to be a World Series threat for the next 7-8 seasons, and I don't want them to trade that in to try and win one next season.

The Yankees need upgrades at 3B, 2B, CF and DH. The Yankees should not re-sign Todd Frazier. I like him, he's a solid player, but he's not going to be a piece that helps the Yankees really become a year in and year out great team. Headley is on the last season of his contract. The Yankees have two young very good infielders, Anudjar and Torres, one of them needs to be up at some point next season playing 3B and pushing Headley out. The Yankees should not re-sign Headley when his contract expires.

The next time Castro inevitably gets hurt, either Andujar or Torres should be called up to play 2B. Tyler Wade and Ronald Torreyes are not long-term solutions at 2B. The Yankees need to begin phasing out Headley and Castro, and bringing along Andujar and Torres to see exactly what they have there between the two. You already know what you have with the others, and you know it's not enough to win a World Series with.

Florial is absolutely raking in the Fall League the last time I checked. I love Brett Gardner but unfortunately next season is the last on his contract as well, and I wouldn't re-sign him either, or if I did, it would be to smaller contract as he is a great veteran presence. Next season Clint Frazier should see extended run in the line-up. The Yankees need to desperately get out from under the Ellsbury contract. The Yankees have 3-4 outfielders better than him, and his contract is gross.

My point is, I don't want the Yankees to try and 'cash in' next season and make a run at the World Series if it hurts the Yankees down the line. Stay the course with the current plan. Continue to phase out certain players to make room for these younger guys that are banging the door down in the minor leagues. Don't overpay for free agents like Machado or some of those Kansas City guys becoming FA. There are two FA's worth paying for coming up, Otani and Harper. I would really try to promote from within everywhere else.

If the Yankees try to 'cash in' next year it will just weaken them down the line, which IMO is not worth it.

For me anyway, the Yankees are in a completely different situation than say the Cubs were last season. When the Cubs traded for Chapman and gave up Torres, that was a move the Cubs had to make because the Cubs had to win a World Series. It had been so long that they needed to whatever it took to get one, and they did, so kudos to them. However, the Yankees are in a much different positions. The Yankees have a lot of championships, including a recent one in 2009. This may sound greedy and spoiled, but I don't want the Yankees to just go all in for one championship. I want them to play the long game. I don't want any desperate moves like the Cubs and Indians made last season trading for Chapman and Miller- the Yankees are in a much different position than both franchises. The Yankees should hold onto their best chips, continue to promote from within and let young guys develop at positions which you can allow it, like 3B for example. Andujar or Torres won't be any less effective at 3B than Frazier or Headley, so let those guys play and see what they have.

Girardi let go.

Apparently last night was an amazing game. Sorry I missed it.

I don't think the Yankees ever intended to bring Girardi back. I think things would've gotten weird had he made it the World Series or won it. But I think part of the Yankees rebuilding plan was to bring in a new manager.

I like Girardi as a manager. I don't think he's great, but he's good, and I'm not sure if the Yankees will find someone better. I trust Cashman to make the correct decision but it has to be his decision, if Randy Levine or Trost are involved or have heavy influence here this won't work out well.

What a game. Truly was the greatest game in MLB history.

I second that this was the best baseball game I have ever seen. I'm a Braves fan, so no dog in the fight, but just really enjoying such great offense. Pure entertainment.

Game 7 of last year's series will always hold a special place in history for me but last night's was incredible

I'm partial to the Sox coming back on the Yanks 3-0. A couple of those games were insane but last night was unreal.

Best series ever was still 2001 Yankees-Diamondbacks

This series could be in contention, but it would have to go 7 and have two great final games.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom