Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

Went to college with the wife of tonight's winning pitcher Tony Watson. Didn't even realize I had a rooting interest until I saw that he was the winning pitcher and realized it was the same Tony Watson from Nebraska. Happy for them.

The Braves have refused to tank the last 3 seasons when they've been god awful and out of the playoff race by August. I've been told on the Braves board I go to that tanking doesn't work in baseball because it's such a crapshoot in the draft and that the Braves would be without honor by deliberately tanking. Now the last two World Series champions are going to be teams that tanked hard, drafted elite players, and then won the title inside 5 years. But honor.

The Braves have refused to tank the last 3 seasons when they've been god awful and out of the playoff race by August. I've been told on the Braves board I go to that tanking doesn't work in baseball because it's such a crapshoot in the draft and that the Braves would be without honor by deliberately tanking. Now the last two World Series champions are going to be teams that tanked hard, drafted elite players, and then won the title inside 5 years. But honor.

100% for tanking after the last few postseasons.

What Braves board are you on? I have yet to find one I like.

Did you go to Wofford and, if so, are you responsible for Bersin being back on the Panthers? I may have to bane you.

No, sir. Last names Swofford.

I'm an App State grad. and will claim no responsibility for Bersin.

100% for tanking after the last few postseasons.

What Braves board are you on? I have yet to find one I like.

Chopcountry.com

So my Sox are strongly rumored to be the favorites to sign JD Martinez and Logan Morrison. Hopefully these guys aren't one year wonders. Resign Nunez since DP is dead for a long time due to surgery.

1-Nunez 2B
2-Benny LF
3-Betts RF
4-Martinez DH
5-Devers 3B
6-Morrison 1B
7-Boag SS
8-Bradley CF
9-Vasquez C

Hopefully that'll be enough fire power. Highly doubt JD has 45 homers or Logan with 38. I'd be thrilled with 30 from Logan, 35-40 from Martinez, 25-30 for Devers and Betts, 20ish for Benny and Bradley.

Roy and his family gave a lot of their time and money to the Toronto community. Incredible talent, generous man. He and his wife did a lot for Jays Care.

Jesus, I was scrolling this thread to find out Halladay died. Almost seemed like a really good guy.

Daniel Flores just died of cancer complications.

17-year-old top prospect for the Red Sox who just signed for $3.1 million.

RIP.

Also awful (I haven't listened, so I may have fallen for fake news)

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back