Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Movies

DeNiro is definitely overrated but he's miles ahead of Pacino IMO.

DD Lewis
Denzel
Hanks
Bale
Leo

That's probably my top 5 best actors in random order.

Bale?

I would rank Vince McMahon higher than Christian Bale. Dead serious.

I would have to consult wiki to determine if Price qualifies on a Vince list.

Lists are useless if not thorough.

I Love You Daddy was excellent, if you can forget Louie did all that weird stuff to women. It’s a shame. Chloe Grace Moretz was already going to be set for life as an actress, but this was a great performance that went to waste.

The Post was OK. Tom Hanks was the worst actor in the movie. Fat Damon the best. Carrie Coon and Bob Odenkirk very good. Meryl Streep was Meryl Streep.

I think if the Social Network and Gone Girl director had done it, it could have been amazing. Too Disney.

I Love You Daddy was excellent, if you can forget Louie did all that weird stuff to women. It’s a shame. Chloe Grace Moretz was already going to be set for life as an actress, but this was a great performance that went to waste.
This movie actually exists somewhere? I thought it was shelved.

The Post was OK. Tom Hanks was the worst actor in the movie. Fat Damon the best. Carrie Coon and Bob Odenkirk very good. Meryl Streep was Meryl Streep.

I think if the Social Network and Gone Girl director had done it, it could have been amazing. Too Disney.
Don't let CMon hear you say that.

Last edited:
Big Tommy H guy. Huge Tommy H guy.

I will admit though, he's slipped over the last decade. Used to bring out hit after hit but no so much anymore.

This movie actually exists somewhere? I thought it was shelved.
You can google this to watch it online at one of those ad-filled sketchy sites, or download it.

The Phantom Thread may be the best P.T. Anderson movie. It has all the beauty and depth of The Master and There Will Be Blood but with far more narrative coherence.

Saw it in 70MM tonight at a classic old theater. One of the few places nationally showing it in 70MM. Very much worth it. It reminded me of what empty, poorly made garbage most movies are.

Began the annual awards-season-favorites binge this week.

I, Tonya: really well-done. Robbie's portrayal of Harding is spot-on. I still believe to this day she had some part to play in the plot, but with it being a Winter Olympics year, it was a timely revisit. When that shitshow was going down, I remember thinking it'd make a great movie someday. Surprised it took this long.

Big Sick: I'm late to the party on this one. I don't typically enjoy rom-coms, but I really liked this. I know Hunter has (deservedly) garnered several nominations for this, but I thought Romano did well. The missus and I had a chuckle at recalling some of the multicultural aspects of the relationship and some other parts we had in common, minus the mystery illness.

Three Billboards: I think the critique of Rockwell's character's arc is somewhat valid, but damn if McDormand and Rockwell didn't nail their roles in this. Probably designed as Oscar bait, but it's still solid. Did NOT expect that ending at all.

Got about halfway through Lady Bird yesterday. Not bad so far. Ronan plays the whole overthinking-angst-filled teenager pretty well.

On tap:

Victoria and Abdul
The Beguiled
Detroit
Dunkirk
Florida Project
Mudbound
Mother!

I honestly have no interest in watching The Shape of Water, which means I'll probably miss out on the big winner this season, but Del Toro is hit-or-miss for me, and this one's a miss.

Also, just for fun, I watched American Made a few weeks ago. I actually like Cruise a lot, and I thought this was one of his best roles. Not better than Ron Kovic, and perhaps not as memorable as Maverick, but it's up there.

I may have already posted about Three Billboards in this thread, but I didn't enjoy it much. I thought it was poorly written. The framework of the movie was realistic, and yet the dialogue sounded like nothing humans would ever say. There were some scenes that were borderline nonsensical. It was also super melodramatic and the character arcs were unearned.

I'd still give it like a 7 out of 10, only because most movies are so bad. At least it had nice cinematography and tried to be original in its story. My criticism of it is relative to the hype.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back