Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Movies

Black Panther apparently is another homerun. Not sure how much of that is Trump-related, though.
I'm getting strong anti-Trump overhype vibes from this one. I thought the first trailer looked awesome and I'm definitely going to see it. But I don't expect it to be too much different than a typical Marvel movie other than featuring all black people.

"Black Panther" was terrific. I think it had the best developed villain that Marvel's had so far in their movies. Can't say enough good things about Michael B. Jordan, he was amazing. Really, really enjoyed it.

"Black Panther" was terrific. I think it had the best developed villain that Marvel's had so far in their movies. Can't say enough good things about Michael B. Jordan, he was amazing. Really, really enjoyed it.

I'd echo this about MBJ but overall I'd give the movie a B+

The only negatives were really that we've seen this movie like 7 times now in Marvel except it had new characters.

I'd echo this about MBJ but overall I'd give the movie a B+

The only negatives were really that we've seen this movie like 7 times now in Marvel except it had new characters.

I agree with that. I think MBJ elevated the movie above every other villain in the Marvel universe. I was conflicted watching the film as I actually felt bad for his character and honestly didn't blame him for his views. So while I agree we have seen similar films, I think MBJ's performance was so good that it's for sure in my top 5 Marvel films but may be top 3. I need to think more on its place.

A futile and stupid gesture. Story of Doug Kenney & National Lampoon.

I dig it. Pretty important period in comedy....O'Donoghue was nuts.

Black Panther was good. Probably my favorite Marvel movie.

Negatives were that it's very paint-by-numbers in typical Marvel fashion. The guy from Get Out didn't make any sense as a character. He's shown to be a Wakandan elitist who doesn't want outsiders bringing their problems to Wakanda but then instantly goes all in on the outsider bringing all his problems to Wakanda. Killmonger getting that little sendoff where he doesn't seem so bad is terrible. Like when Vader got "redeemed" at the end of ROTJ. You can't have a character be 100% evil, 100% of the time, and then at the very end pretend that deep down he meant well. Also Michael B Jordan is a terrible actor. I feel like I'm the only person that's noticed.

Positives were that it was much smaller scale, which I prefer. Similar to Spiderman Homecoming in that regard. I thought Chadwick Boseman, Lupita Nyong'o, and Andy Serkis were all great. The Wakandan space ship thing had a serious Millennium Falcon vibe during the 3rd act. I obviously enjoyed that. I loved all the cultural stuff in Wakanda with the tribes. The gorilla dudes were awesome.

fantastic-four-37-1438871496.gif

I agree with Topher's take. Definitely not a bad movie, but you knew how the whole thing would play out as soon as they revealed what was happening in the flashback. Probably the most predictable Marvel movie yet, with no surprises at any point, but a lot of that is due to seeing so many Marvel movies now.

I still enjoy Guardians 1 the most in this whole Infinity Gauntlet line, starting with Iron Man. Of all Marvel movies, Logan is high above the rest for me, but it's not fair to lump it in with the others. I would put Days of Future Past at around the same place as Guardians 1. I really just want this to end, and to move onto a new arc with new characters. The Avengers movies to bring this to a close need to be incredible to get past the audience fatigue.

Watched Thor:Ragnarok last night after missing it in theaters. Really enjoyed it. Korg kind of stole the show. Pretty funny movie. One of the better Marvel movies I'd say.

Caught Justice League over the weekend after also missing it in theaters. Glad I missed it in theaters. I don't even know what to say about it. I want it to be good because I love Batman, but man it sucks.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom