Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Movies

Stunningly positive early reviews for "Blockers," which was supposed to be a terrible movie starring John Cena. We are well on our way to the incumbent Democratic President, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, taking on the GOP nominee, John Cena, in 2024.

New official trailer for Infinity War I:

Hope this is more Return of the King and less Ultron/Apocalypse. Marvel should make a push for Best Picture at some point, probably not with this movie, though. Difficult to develop characters people care about to an Oscar-worthy extent when they're all superheroes. Winter Soldier came the closest, IMO.

Hope this is more Return of the King and less Ultron/Apocalypse. Marvel should make a push for Best Picture at some point, probably not with this movie, though. Difficult to develop characters people care about to an Oscar-worthy extent when they're all superheroes. Winter Soldier came the closest, IMO.

Trailer is god awful. 683 characters. Literally impossible to tell a coherent story with that many characters. Will probably end up something like a transformers movie with a token plot and then just a shitload of action sequences.

That trailer was lit
tenor.gif

Trailer is god awful. 683 characters. Literally impossible to tell a coherent story with that many characters. Will probably end up something like a transformers movie with a token plot and then just a shitload of action sequences.[/QUOTE]
I already felt that about the first Avengers movie, which for some reason everyone thought was awesome.

I don't care for any of the Avengers or JL movies. I just can't get into them with that many characters. The solo movies are so much better.

I wasn't even going that in depth with my review. I just don't like the comic book movies that have 4,5,6etc characters. Even with good solo movies prior, you still can't give proper screen time to everyone and it feels rushed.

I prefer D.C. Characters but Marvel has made better movies outside of the Nolan films. But I guess it's just a personal opinion that I don't like the movies with a ton of characters.

Saw Best F(r)iends last night. Even as someone who owned The Room on DVD back in the day, I could barely make it through the whole thing.

There were a couple of funny Wiseau moments, but it was hard to tell how much was scripted/intentional campiness, now that he's somewhat self-aware, which kind of ruins it. There was also just so much scattered, interrupted, non-linear dialogue that it was like, almost sort of stressful to listen to at times.

The high points for me where the interactions between the broker and Wiseau, because they actually let that character interact with Wiseau in the way an actually intelligent, no-BS "businessman" would, rather than humoring his bizarre thoughts and conversational patterns and pretending like they're not insane. I would have been much more into it if they'd just let all the actors do that throughout the movie.

I watched the trailer and was appalled by Greg Sistero's acting. He's a very intelligent funny guy. I assume his acting being much much worse than it was in The Room was deliberate, right?

No idea. It was really bad, though. You're acutely aware that you're watching an actor saying lines when you watch him in it.

New Solo trailer is dropping any minute now.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom