Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if Cleveland resigns IT or not. Even if Bron leaves they're not in a rebuild because they have so many bad contracts. I'd Bron does leave, I could see them resigning IT and trading the pick for a Vet. Word is they're already a shopping that pick though.

On a different note, I've been wondering how Boston'a D would be after getting Kyrie and Hayward. Kyrie is far from elite but I do think he can be a solid defender, same with Hayward. They'll have plenty of scoring with Kyrie, Horford and Hayward. Smart and Brown in the lineup is probably they're best defensive lineup but probably too small to start and do extended minutes during the regular season. I feel like in the playoffs, teams go smaller so that'll work then. I think we'll see Kyrie, Smart, Hayward, Morris, Hayward as the starting lineup.

From a box plus minus perspective, Hayward was a neutral defender last year. His defensive rating of 106 was actually good by NBA standards (better than Lebron or Crowder). Additionally, he was a key piece on an elite defensive team in the Jazz. I think the bigger issue is the combo of Kyrie and Horford (who is good in some areas but lacks the size to protect the rim). Of course, Isaiah is an even worse defender than Kyrie, so it's not like that new combo is worse than what they had.

Not sure why the Bucks would do that unless they are worried he won't ever be the same again (a valid concern). What's even more surprising to me is that they would include other players besides Parker.

As I understand it, this would be a carrot to get the Knicks/Rockets to take their bigger contracts off of their hands.

As a Knicks fan, please let this happen. Even if there is a chance he won't be the same again, it's very low risk/high reward for the Knicks. If it doesn't work out and Parker isn't the same again, oh well. If it works out Knicks really have a hell of a young core.

As I understand it, this would be a carrot to get the Knicks/Rockets to take their bigger contracts off of their hands.

Right- Greg Monroe would have to be on the table. Tony Snell or Dellavedova would likely have to be included as well, which I would be fine with. The problem with the Rockets is any trade with Melo they want to involve Ryan Anderson, and that is just a non-starter.

Although they're very different players, aren't Parker and Porzingis both best suited to play the 4?

Although they're very different players, aren't Parker and Porzingis both best suited to play the 4?
I've always thought that Porz should be a 5 in today's game. I don't like his lack of quickness at the 4 and feel like he would be tougher to guard playing as the 5. Agree with EatMe that Parker would be lucky to play with him. A healthy Parker/Porzingis FC would be very entertaining.

I wonder where they Cavs would be roster-wise, title-wise if they had drafted Parker and he stayed healthy.

Kyrie
Smith
Bron
Parker
Thompson

I assume they'd be about the same, and Parker would have been dealt to Minny three years ago.. LeBron didn't come to Cleveland to play with a rookie.

Of potential interest to users on this board. Though i'm not exactly a fan of a metric that "punishes" players for having better teammates when analyzing impact.

Maybe Parker is next. The Racine Journal Times’ Gery Woelfel reported last week that Parker’s camp won’t “settle for anything less” than a max contract extension. “We have had discussions; there has been dialogue,” Bartelstein told Woelfel. “It’s been a positive dialogue. But that’s all I can say at this time.”

Extending Parker now is a risk. The 22-year-old suffered a second noncontact torn ACL to the same (left) knee this past February and might not return next season until February or March. But if the Bucks are able to find a comfortable number, they could end up saving money next summer.

Parker looked on track for a max deal before the injury. He’d begun to blossom as a scorer, averaging 20.1 points while scoring 1.02 points per possession, per Synergy. Parker had multiple high-volume games while scoring efficiently. It looked like he was back at Duke.

Parker is a true physical specimen. There aren’t many players that tall (6-foot-8), that thick, and that nimble. He moves like a ballerina, but looks like an NFL offensive tackle. He’s a get-out-of-the-way player when he’s rumbling down the runway on his way to an explosive dunk. It’s funny how Wiggins’s max contract with Minnesota is considered imminent when Parker is the better, more skilled scorer. Injuries complicate everything.

But if this is the last major injury of Parker’s career, his return could push Milwaukee to a new level. The Bucks need another star but don’t have a realistic way of finding one. It’s nearly impossible for the Bucks to create max cap space, and there aren’t any guarantees their target would want to sign in Milwaukee. And they might be too good to land the sort of high draft picks necessary to give Antetokounmpo a superstar partner.

Which is why Parker is so important. No other player on the roster possesses the ability to finish games as a go-to scorer like Parker can, double as a floor spacer like Parker can, and run a freakish, forward-duo pick-and-roll with Antetokounmpo like Parker can.

If Parker—who also fractured his right foot in high school—returns next season and gets right back on track, he’ll surely receive at least one max offer sheet. Bartelstein’s track record suggests he knows it. The Bucks should, too. They need Parker to maximize his potential. There are no other viable options.

Listening to CLNS media discuss how Kyrie will be used under Stevens. Obviously he needs to buy in, but I'm really excited to see him with good coaching.

Some examples of what I mean: in the playoffs Kyrie was in the 92nd percentile shooting off screens and in the 100th percentile on dribble handoffs. The problem was that accounted for less than 10% of his plays. He also shot 48% on catch and shoot threes in the regular season, but only got 2.3 attempts a game (out of 6 total three point attempts).

Last edited:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom