Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

On another note, I know Kyrie isn't the greatest at creating for others. But why does he always get knocked for that and Isaiah Thomas doesn't? Thomas barely edges him in assist rate and assist per 36 minutes. And that was with Lebron running PG a lot.

Gary Harris has become a really nice player. Better all-around than Booker at this point, but I think Booker can make improvements as a defender and passer.

I just looked at Booker's advanced stats to prove you wrong. How could a guy who scored 70 as a 20-year-old, who leads his team in usage, and who people are talking about as a future star in the league be this bad? But his advanced stats are awful. I assume Harris is better if he isn't an inefficient, net-negative player who by virtue of having bad teammates gets 28% usage.

Last edited:
I don't think Booker will catch Harris as a defender. I do think Booker will probably improve his FG% and 3PT%. Harris needs to work on getting to the line more, though -- Booker's good for almost 6 FT attempts a game, and Harris gets less than half that.

Harris is a a good role player, Booker looks to be an all star and damn good 2nd option on a team IMO. But I don't think he can carry a team and I think he's a bad defender. Would really depend on the roster in regards to who I'd pick.

Last edited:
Kyrie's was so good on First Take today. Just so on point. Stephen A didn't know what to do with himself.

I am one of KD's fake message board accounts as evidenced by my correct prediction of KD to GS 2 years earlier. Bow down to my greatness.

Duke guys getting more media:

Kevin O'Conner is right up there with Lowe as one of the few basketball journalists worth following. He spends a good amount of time on realgm and reddit, and he's big on Duke guys. I wonder if he lurks here. Kevin, if you're reading, send a PM to ZackM so we can know.

Hood and Winslow

Remember Justise Winslow? Boston offered Charlotte four first-round picks just for the chance to draft him. One head coach told ESPN.com Winslow gave the best pre-draft interview he had ever seen.

Winslow just has to be better. Step one: Stop catching the ball in 3-point range, sliding inside the arc, and barfing up 21-footers. Either jack that open 3, or move things along. If Luc Mbah a Moute can work himself into a 40 percent shooter on corner 3s, Winslow can, too. Winslow can drive into the chest of smaller guys and shoot over them, though he has shown zero finesse finishing around the basket; he shot a horrid 47 percent in the restricted area last season.

Winslow will be an elite defender across four positions. He is tenacious. He can be a productive player even if the jumper never comes. The Heat just have to figure out how, and in what lineups.

That will free Hood to score, which is good, because Hood wants to score. He averaged just 2.2 assists per 36 minutes last season, a career low, and a disappointing figure considering how often he commandeered the offense.

About 30 percent of Hood's shots came in the floater zone between three and 16 feet from the rim, a share that ranked in the 90th percentile among wing players, according to research from Ben Falk of Cleaning the Glass. Trade a few of those for drives and 3s, and Utah will have something. Hood could average 20 per game this season, but will they be the kind of points that lead to winning?

Last edited:
Melo was an elite catch and shoot guy last season, per some tweet by Synergy a while ago indicating he would be a great 2nd or 3rd option. Good fit for him, should see some shades of his peak Olympics form.

That return for the Knicks is appropriately trash.

So Russ-Roberson-PG-Melo-Adams is pretty solid. Would hope GSW would run a lot of PnR at Russ/Melo.

A legitimate big 3 and we all know they have zero shot at even reaching the finals. This is the effect KD's fucking bullshit has had on the sport. Goddamn him and all the apologists still trying to justify it.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom