Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

My dream is that Curry and Livingston get injured, Cook takes the reins, and faces off against Kyrie and the Celtics in the Finals. Both players play great, but Kyrie wins it in Game 7 on a buzzer beater after dropping 50+.

He will get touches and minutes there, at least. And Brooklyn is an awesome place to live.

Brooklyn has been really good at identifying under utilized assets. I feel like they got a really good value from this trade.

Gonna have to change my underwear after that Ingram shot.

And doing it against Philly, whose fans seem intent on trashing any young guy who isn't theirs, makes it especially sweet.

Grew up a huge 76er fan due to Doc J. Hated the Celtics and Lakers beyond belief. Gotta hang with JJ a bit for a year, but pretty much 100% reversal of everything I grew up with now.

Long live Stringman.

Let the record show that Philly is 8th in the East, a staggering endorsement of the 5-year-long so-called Process that began when Philly hired Sam Hinkie to take over as GM after finishing 9th in the East in 2012-13.

Took the wrong Duke guy (Okafor and not Tatum), and those two decisions taken together probably cost the Sixers a chance at being the franchise to take over once the Warriors are done. That franchise will almost definitely be the Celtics, who reaped the benefits of choosing the right Duke guy (Irving) in a franchise-altering trade, and again in the draft (swindling the Sixers for Tatum). Duke has its fingerprints all over the highest levels of the NBA for the next several years.

If Porzingis and Tatum are on the Sixers instead of Okafor and Fultz, the next 10 years would've been more or less decided already, barring injuries. 4-5 more Warriors titles, followed by 5-6 Sixers titles. PG Tyus Jones (FA) or Tre Jones (draft), SG Jayson Tatum, SF Ben Simmons, PF Kristaps Porzingis, C Joel Embiid. Instead, the Sixers basically have two long-term franchise pieces at this point and will not have any more easy ones coming to them, now that they're entering mid-first-round purgatory.

There haven't actually been that many elite level busts coming out of Duke in the past decade (going back to Shelden Williams at #5 in 2006). Okafor really stands out. The Duke top 5 picks since Shelden have been Irving, Okafor, Parker, Ingram, Tatum. We could even say "top 9" instead of top 5 if we want to be cherry-picking dicks about it. Of those five top 5 picks, Irving is a star on both ends of the court now, Parker was proving to be something very interesting before injuries, Ingram is coming along well, and Tatum is maybe the best 19 year old ever. Okafor was a bad pick at the time and a bad pick in retrospect, which will make it difficult for any team to justify taking a not-amazing defensive center in the top 10 again.

I don't think the Sixers have made a single trade in the past 5 years that was as impactful as either trade the Celtics made this summer. Hinkie and Colangelo both just sorta sit there flustered and spinning their wheels when it comes to trades. I wouldn't have been shocked if they'd decided to sit Okafor for the season and let him walk rather than try to come up with a trade that might actually help their team.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom