Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

News Thread

This is gonna sound dumb to most of yall but if they chose the Triangle, that campus should go out near Apex/Holly Springs. There's a ton of land over there to develop, it would alleviate some of the traffic concerns, and those towns are already starting to blow up with tech money.

This school is the host of the Marshall County Hoopfest, which might be familiar to those who follow recruiting.

Very not interested at all about bringing 50K more people to the area when I40 is already a pain in the ass to deal with, and it just seems crowded already in general with people coming from up north down here.
Part of me thinks that this would force improvements to our infrastructure that otherwise may not come for decades. An injection of 50k more workers is noticeable to city and regional planners, unlike 200-1000 here and there from many companies. So many areas are content making due with what is already in place until it is too late. The Triangle seems intent on going that route unless something forces it to adjust faster.

That said, it would certainly still suck in the first 5-10 or so years.

What a drama at sentencing. First Nassar's attorney trying to make him a sympathetic figure (doing his job, I guess), then the judge allowing Nassar to speak before reading his self-serving letter, and then "It is my privilege to sentence you......I just signed your death warrant."

Of course, the judge's statements were clearly grandstanding. Question is if any defense attorney is going to dare bring the appeal up to charge bias.

The "Trump tried to fire Mueller" story has blown up my internet. I have no idea who Don McGahn is, but much respect to him for telling Donald to fuck off when he was instructed to carry out said firing.

I imagine the folks at Fox News had to stay up all night, coming up with a new narrative. They can always rehash some old Hillary emails and Benghazi stories, I guess.

(Not sure if this needed to be in either of the basketball/football pages. Please move if necessary)

Sandusky's crimes happened primarily after he was off Penn State's coaching staff, but heads appropriately rolled all the way up the administrative ladder anyway.

These happened under active coaches and staff members' watch. The school President is gone. She's the tip of the iceberg. Nuke them.

It appears a serial killer has been caught in Toronto. Over the last 15 years, many men from the local gay community have gone missing. Human remains have been found at the suspect's home.

This is a few days old, but

My thought when first seeing the story: When you're dealing with lots of dogs, you inevitably are going to encounter the occasional leg humper. Thump him on the head, give him a stern, "NO! Bad dog!" and always remember the importance of spaying and neutering your pet.

They're trying to pretend that these were "bots", but it's just another Deep State cover-up. This was really the first wave of the Rapture.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom