Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

News Thread

This one’s different, at least, in that there’s going to be a trial. So this isn’t going away anytime soon. Cowards in congress will not be able to bury their heads in the sand and wait for the general public to forget.

Perhaps THIS time meaningful legislation is passed.

Can anyone convince me that everyday citizens need AR-15s? I'd love to hear the reasoning.

I also read that Florida is 50th in mental health funding. Is that true?

I dunno, we probably need a few thousand more dead children before we even think about restrictions on manufacturing and distribution of guns
It'll never change until we have politicians turn down money from the NRA. We both know the Pubs will never do that.

I would love to be rich. Love it. But I would never put my morals and integrity on the table to get paid

Mental health funding in ALL states leaves a lot to be desired. Trying to get mental health help is an incredibly difficult and trying process.

Mental health funding in ALL states leaves a lot to be desired. Trying to get mental health help is an incredibly difficult and trying process.

Same in Ontario. Cuts have eroded the number of care facilities and treatment options.

We see an increased number of mentally-ill people wind up in correctional facilities as opposed to receiving treatment.

Can anyone convince me that everyday citizens need AR-15s? I'd love to hear the reasoning.

I hate guns. I have never understood why anyone needed that type of weapon either. I have been told by coworkers who shoot guns that that type of gun is fun to shoot. I dunno.

I'd be a-ok with all guns banned but that's me. I have never liked hunting so never felt the urge to go shoot a gun. Thought it was pretty boring to be honest.

Also, apparently victims' fault they didn't report the guy

When asked if this shooting might lead to some regulation of guns like AR-15's, Paul Ryan actually said that it's too soon to talk about that and that we don't want a knee-jerk reaction to this.

Children being mass murdered on the regular in a place where they should ALWAYS be safe is not something that should be a topic for political debate. THERE IS NO DEBATE. There are no pros to be weighed versus cons when it comes to our children getting gunned down at school, or anywhere else.

Seriously, fuck that nasty little bastard to death right up the ass with an AR, and any other NRA toady who says anything in agreement with him.

That second tweet doesn't even make sense. He was was expelled but nobody reported him? What? Seems like his being a problem was well reported.

I hate guns. I have never understood why anyone needed that type of weapon either. I have been told by coworkers who shoot guns that that type of gun is fun to shoot. I dunno.

I'd be a-ok with all guns banned but that's me. I have never liked hunting so never felt the urge to go shoot a gun. Thought it was pretty boring to be honest.

You are the least libertarian Libertarian i've ever fucking seen

Guns are an issue that keeps me from identifying full libertarian. I would also be fine with no guns for anyone (except law enforcement).

Guns are an issue that keeps me from identifying full libertarian. I would also be fine with no guns for anyone (except law enforcement).
Yeah, me too.

But even libertarians have to consider the costs and benefits of certain freedoms. They're not full fledged anarchists. Dson's raging hard-on for guns has always been really odd to me, given how much stuff we agree on. It seems so incredibly obvious that gun proliferation is a massive net negative to our society.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/16/special-counsel-indicts-russian-nationals-election-interference/345720002/

Russia has brilliantly used the internet/social media to exponentially boost the effectiveness of their propaganda. Facebook is finally coming to terms with it (https://www.wired.com/story/inside-facebook-mark-zuckerberg-2-years-of-hell/), but whether they do anything about it is another question.

The director of national intelligence, Dan Coats, stated Russia will attempt to interfere in the 2018 elections. We already know they've accessed voter registration roles throughout the United States, voting machines are insecure shitboxes, and Russia will go to any lengths to weaken their opponents. Will the GOP continue to bury their head in the sand in regards to Russia? If they admit that Russia is interfering in America's election process what do they do about it?

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom