Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NFL

Ugh. Freaking Deshaun Watson ruined it all. Colts had a chance to lose it on the last play, but some idiot strip-sacked whoever the hell plays QB for the Texans now. It would have been a truly incredible loss.

Pussyboat Ron wasn't going to go for it; Cam had to cajole him into it (where of course they converted, because it was 4th and inches ffs).

I'm not sure whether I should be mad that Ron's the type of coach to go for a FG there, or the type of coach who lets players change his coaching decisions (or convinces coaches to let them play injured).

Last edited:

I could believe it. Completely tore his labrum, and then because of organization stupidity, played through it for a months at a time? Then it sounds like he had another setback recently because of throwing. Those labrum tears are nasty as hell; for every Brees who comes back, there's like half a dozen who are never the same. And that's for players who don't make things worse by trying to play through it.

I believe we would have won the 2013 superbowl with Luck. At that point in time Cam hadn't reached his MVP level yet, and we still had actual offensive weapons outside of him. Team went 12-4. We win that seahawks game we lost by 5 to start the year and we're the one seed, not them.

Of course he probably meets a similar fate wrt to his health, as the coaching staff let the same thing happen to Cam albeit not as damaging, when they let him play hurt the last month of last year instead of making him get surgery on his shoulder.

I believe we would have won the 2013 superbowl with Luck. At that point in time Cam hadn't reached his MVP level yet, and we still had actual offensive weapons outside of him. Team went 12-4. We win that seahawks game we lost by 5 to start the year and we're the one seed, not them.

Of course he probably meets a similar fate wrt to his health, as the coaching staff let the same thing happen to Cam albeit not as damaging, when they let him play hurt the last month of last year instead of making him get surgery on his shoulder.

2013-2015 was definitely our Super Bowl window. That said, our defense is probably better this year than it was in either of those years. But offense has regressed and Ron is more sackless than ever.

2013-2015 was definitely our Super Bowl window. That said, our defense is probably better this year than it was in either of those years. But offense has regressed and Ron is more sackless than ever.

We'll see about the defense; i'm not convinced. Though they've done remarkably well considering all the short fields our offense is giving the other team with turnovers.

Cam was probably the only QB who could have produced with the 2015 offense the way he did, because so much depended on him as a threat to run in a way no other QB could. Unfortunately staff got lazy and complacent, and continues to this day to build the roster and game plan as if Cam can play like that forever. He's living on borrowed time as the staff lets offensive pieces like Ginn (deep threat) and Benjamin go, while doubling down on ever older and decaying players like Olsen and Stewart. CMC might have been the savior, but it's already apparent he's not a power running back in anyway, which we need in our system.

Have to think with Luck 2015 never happens, but at least perhaps they build the team in a way that the offense isn't so absolutely dependent on the QB doing everything.

Funny that the opinion of Luck's injury varies so wildly. Irsay thinks Luck is totally fine, and it's all in his head. Lol Gotta love an owner who sticks up for his guys!

To give Irsay the benefit of the doubt, he may be really, really drunk.

Imagine being the Jets. Dreams of tanking and getting Sam Darnold all offseason. Now the Giants will get Darnold and the Jets will end up with Loseface McLoserton. Sad!

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom