Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Other Sports

@rhfarmer , do you get excited with these storms that stay off shore? The news is saying 14-20' waves over the next few days with riptides. Is that something you look forward to or does it suck in NC?

@aiw it's complicated. The surf from Jose has been incredible here, we have had several days in a row of clean, powerful waves in the 6 to 12 foot range. I'm sore as hell. It's all about storm proximity--Jose is perfect, it's well offshore, sending longer period, well organized waves with no effects on our weather. It has reminded me of Hawaii here for the last few days, big barrels, very fast moving swells.

Maria is looking a bit scarier for here. Number one, she's too far west at this point to really give waves to our east facing beaches. But more importantly, she's so far west that she is a pretty serious threat to impact us here with some really bad weather, maybe even a direct hit. I think Wrightsville Beach, the Bogue and Core Banks and south facing beaches of the Outer Banks will score some huge waves from Maria.

So, yes I get excited, but there's always this nagging dread that I'm going to have to evacuate and either or both of my house or business will get destroyed.

also, @aiw Jose gave us some pretty bad weather during it's pass of the OBX. We had 2 days where the wind was gusting close to 40 mph.

Dodgeball at SkyZone on ESPN2. Doom vs Shootaz. One of the teams has a guy called ThrowboCop. They are all adults. There are parts of the match where both teams are just pump faking it at each other. They are all wearing the orange SkyZone socks that they make my kids wear.

"Pocket Hamster"
"Ish Blanco"--He's clearly the White Goodman of this thing.

3-under for Tiger in his latest return. 2018 Masters champ, guaranteed.

A good argument can still be made for Nadal's case given his head-to-head success against RF, but for my $ Federer is the all-time best:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom