Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Other Sports

Take away clay, and any advantage Nadal has over Federer is neutralized.

Mixed doubles curling was rather intense this morning. Fist-pumps, wild screaming, home crowd going nuts, extra "ends" required. Truly something else.

Mixed doubles curling was rather intense this morning. Fist-pumps, wild screaming, home crowd going nuts, extra "ends" required. Truly something else.

I'm not sure if you are being a little (or a lot!) sarcastic, but curling is absolutely massive in Canada. If you are 45+, chances are that you hang out at the curling club.

Curling is the only reason to watch the Winter Olympics.

I'm not sure if you are being a little (or a lot!) sarcastic, but curling is absolutely massive in Canada. If you are 45+, chances are that you hang out at the curling club.
No, I was being dead serious. I enjoy watching curling and I know it's pretty much second only to hockey up there, but the atmosphere this morning was unlike other matches I've seen, especially for a non-medal match.

No, I was being dead serious. I enjoy watching curling and I know it's pretty much second only to hockey up there, but the atmosphere this morning was unlike other matches I've seen, especially for a non-medal match.

Nice. I have yet to watch any of the Olympic events. I gotta get on that horse.

Nice. I have yet to watch any of the Olympic events. I gotta get on that horse.
Yesterday and this morning were all preliminary stuff. Round-robin for the mixed doubles curling and ski jump qualifying. There'll be moguls qualifying and the short program for team figure skating tonight. Of course, there's also some basketball game on during primetime.

Wind caused cancellation of women's slopestyle qualifying. The final will have all 27 participants, but they'll only get 2 runs each. If that had happened in the men's event, Red Gerard would've been dead last among the starters.

Speaking of Red:

EDIT: Fuck NBC and the IOC

Wind caused cancellation of women's slopestyle qualifying. The final will have all 27 participants, but they'll only get 2 runs each. If that had happened in the men's event, Red Gerard would've been dead last among the starters.

Speaking of Red:

EDIT: Fuck NBC and the IOC

Red was all the talk at post-basketball breakfast this morning.

Mods I went back 5 pages and didn't see a UFC thread unless I overlooked it. Feel free to merge if there is.

Any UFC fans?

Cormier moving up to heavyweight to fight Miocic has me pretty excited. What sucks is I like both guys and one of them has to lose.

There's also rumblings that Brock will fight Jon Jones in a super fight in November if Bones appeal works out. Then there are rumors that the winner of that would fight the Cormier/Miocic winner for the title.

My dream: Cormier beats Miocic in a 5 round decision. Brock completely destroys Jones.

Corner and Brock fight for the heavyweight, Cormier beats him and both retire. Miocic beats Cain to regain the vacated title.

So it looks like Duke is actually good at baseball now. They're tied for the best record in the ACC and have won series against UVA, Miami and now FSU. They might actually get to host a regional which is something normally reserved for the great programs like Clemson and UNC. This is like the final frontier for Duke--even football got good before baseball.

My childhood icon growing up 5 minutes from one of the most recognizable NASCAR tracks.

I am wearing his Rainbow Warrior uniform in my kindergarten class picture.

Today, he was elected into the Hall of Fame with the highest vote % ever: 96%.

Great day.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom