Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pomeroy

Following MSU's win and our win, we dropped from 5 to 7.

MSU's D shot up from around 13 to 4 after that UNC game. Not sure what TAMU did/who they played.

We basically performed to projections from a pure computer perspective despite the rollercoaster that was this weekend. Our overall quantitative measure stayed about the same although some other teams jumped us with great performances.

We were like -3 of the Kenpom spread against Portland st, and then plus 2 ish against both Texas and Florida.

I'm just going to stop worrying about the defense for awhile. It's not good, and we all know it, and it's going to take a long time to see real improvements, so whatever.

It seems to me that K knows he can always fall back on a mostly competent zone with this team, so for now he's just doing the trial-by-fire thing with the M2M. We're going to need to be able to play both somewhat effectively in the long term, anyway, so now's the time to take our lumps. Fuck it.

I'm just going to stop worrying about the defense for awhile. It's not good, and we all know it, and it's going to take a long time to see real improvements, so whatever.

It seems to me that K knows he can always fall back on a mostly competent zone with this team, so for now he's just doing the trial-by-fire thing with the M2M. We're going to need to be able to play both somewhat effectively in the long term, anyway, so now's the time to take our lumps. Fuck it.

No measured takes allowed!

Yeah we're going to have to have a much improved m2m to win the title. K knows the zone is better right now but we're not winning a title in today's game with a damn zone defense.

Yeah we're going to have to have a much improved m2m to win the title. K knows the zone is better right now but we're not winning a title in today's game with a damn zone defense.

Yes, I said this in the chat room tonight. I'm fine with the decision to m2m most of the game. We need to get better at it.

You're not going to win a title playing a shitty m2m that's worse than your zone, especially if that m2m gives you bad losses that hurt seeding (hopefully this won't happen in ACC play like every other year).

Agree. We're not winning a title with a m2m this bad nor a zone imo. We'll see if K still has it in him to make adjustments. He certainly has all of the tools to have this as a dominant defense imo.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back