Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pomeroy

Blow out effect at work, I think much of what happened last night didn't count due to being garbage time.

I was surprised I haven’t seen Collins or Wojo’s name anywhere in this discussion... I think the tendency to give K all or none of the credit for the good defenses seems misplaced. Collins left having 1 truly bad defensive team during his time (12) and Wojo had 2 (12, 14). Definitely think returning playing experience has a major part, probably the majority of it (a strategic decision which falls on K) but want to give Wojo especially some credit for many years of great defense.

Or maybe I’m being an idiot and you all are already including the other coaches in your proclamations about K so the (+ staff) is implied.

The Kenpom offense/defense splits of Wojo's Marquette team this year and last are:

2016-17: 8 offense/165 defense
2017-18: 19 offense/169 defense

I'm pretty comfortable eliminating Wojo's departure as a cause.

His defenses were actually better than his offenses in his first two years there, but they were never good. And I'd say years 3/4 are more indicative of the coach's true fingerprint and points of emphases rather than his first year or two when he's stepping into somebody else's program.

129.0 by Wisconsin in 2015 is the highest since 2002

125.3 would be the highest ever by Duke and the 4th highest since 2002.

I am going to tweet him about considering starting Duke rated lower on defense next year.

Not surprisingly 35 in 2FG% defense and 37 in blocked shot%. Effective FG% D isn't horrible. We could create more TOs.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom