Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pomeroy

Villanova at 127 Oeff. Have we reached that yet this year?

in 2015 Wisconsin finished with 129.0 offense and #35 defense 95.2.

I still chuckle every time I look at 2015 KP and see that fucking Duke at 11 in defense. They were so shit for so much of that season defensively.

#86 before the game. Went from #72 to #86 without playing a game.

Have the preseason ratings been fully phased out yet? We would have had some headwinds in moving up the rankings in recent games if our ridiculously high preseason defensive ranking was in the process of being phased out. I imagine its close to being phased out and so we can state that we are in fact about the 80th best defense in the country, and hopefully not worse.

Not sure what they were going into today's game, but UVA's defense is currently playing at the most efficient level in Kenpom history.

Have the preseason ratings been fully phased out yet? We would have had some headwinds in moving up the rankings in recent games if our ridiculously high preseason defensive ranking was in the process of being phased out. I imagine its close to being phased out and so we can state that we are in fact about the 80th best defense in the country, and hopefully not worse.
In 2012, there were still 2-3 games worth of preseason weighting at the end of December. He may have changed it since then. He has more recently written that 538 weighting lasts through the entire season and he agrees with their approach based on statistical evidence. I would expect 2 games worth of preseason weighting still built in now, 1 by the end of the month, close to zero by the end of February.

Went from 82 to 73, but the wins have not updated and there is a game left so I am not sure what is happening

Alright, just switched to 18-2. 98.0 is much much better than 2 weeks ago.

Went from 82 to 73, but the wins have not updated and there is a game left so I am not sure what is happening

I think they have now. Went from 126.5 to 126.2 on offense and from 98.6 to 98.0 on defense, moving from 81 to 73 rankings wise.

Gonna be amazing when we beat UVA and are still 2 points behind UVA. They are about 4 up right now.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom