Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player R.J. Barrett

Should I know anything about RJ Barrett? Literally never heard of him before toronto started this thread. Is it because he's Canadian?

He is probably the best Canadian prospect ever. His father used to play at St John's in the 90s; he now runs our national team.

I am really excited about RJ's future

That is true, Slap. R.J. is more well-rounded at this point (better shooter, probably a better passer), and he plays with a lot of drive.

Considering we have Jones now committed in 2018, I think Barrett might be the recruit I've wanted most at Duke in quite some time. Barrett is excellent, and knowing that he'll have a very good point guard makes me want him even more. And some people may scoff at this front court, but an experienced front court of DeLaurier/Vrankovic to go with Tre Jones, and Barrett on the wing, would have me very excited.

We would have an elite pg that can defend decent, drive and finish well, and has a high IQ and will have a good A/T ratio, an elite wing, potentially the first pick in the draft playing in a system in which talented wings flourish, and two veteran big men who will provide defense, hustle, rebounding and rim protection. I'm sure we will find shooting in possibly Garland, and O'Connell and Tucker off of the bench.

I would be very excited about that team. I would prefer to add another 2/3 capable of defending and hitting open threes, but it's not a big deal, and we've won with two small guards before. Don't care at that point if Reddish commits.

Last edited:
I wouldn't scoff at that frontcourt at all. Just worried that Javin won't stay after he sees all the minutes go to Bagley this year.

We will, however, need some depth even if Javin and Vrank are here.

I wouldn't scoff at that frontcourt at all. Just worried that Javin won't stay after he sees all the minutes go to Bagley this year.

We will, however, need some depth even if Javin and Vrank are here.

Absolutely. We need to sign a big man in the 2018 class. Preferably two. One capable of contributing right away (Emmit Williams) and then another big that will certainly be a multi-year guy. I doubt it, but maybe Robinson can give us a few minutes a game.

I love Williams. He's my favorite player we're recruiting after Barrett. But unless something changes it doesn't feel like we'll get him. Not sure if there's a big we're recruiting in that class whom we actually have a good chance with.

Considering we have Jones now committed in 2018, I think Barrett might be the recruit I've wanted most at Duke in quite some time. Barrett is excellent, and knowing that he'll have a very good point guard makes me want him even more. And some people may scoff at this front court, but an experienced front court of DeLaurier/Vrankovic to go with Tre Jones, and Barrett on the wing, would have me very excited.

We would have an elite pg that can defend decent, drive and finish well, and has a high IQ and will have a good A/T ratio, an elite wing, potentially the first pick in the draft playing in a system in which talented wings flourish, and two veteran big men who will provide defense, hustle, rebounding and rim protection. I'm sure we will find shooting in possibly Garland, and O'Connell and Tucker off of the bench.

I would be very excited about that team. I would prefer to add another 2/3 capable of defending and hitting open threes, but it's not a big deal, and we've won with two small guards before. Don't care at that point if Reddish commits.

I want Barrett and Reddish but that's probably wishful thinking. I can get on board with what you're saying.

Jones, Barrett, Tucker, DeLaurier, Vrank-Gold/O'Connell/White/Robinson. Probably need another post player or two. Don't think that team would be favorites but definitely top 10.

I don't think wanting Barrett AND Reddish is wishful thinking, but I'm the optimist on the board. Haha.

I don't think wanting Barrett AND Reddish is wishful thinking, but I'm the optimist on the board. Haha.

I just don't see Reddish coming here if Barrett commits. Barrett is a lot better than Reddish. I think the only way the two would pair together is if Reddish commits in the Fall and Barrett makes a Spring decision, but I can't see Reddish choosing Duke with Barrett already on the roster.

If Barrett chooses Duke, the absolute best place for Reddish would be to go to Villanova. Jay Wright does a really nice job with guard and wing development, and I think Reddish would be put in a better succeed there than at Kentucky. If you look at UK under Calipari, they have obviously done exceptional with one and done guards and big men, but they have not nearly been as good on the wings. I think it all comes down to system- for a wing like Reddish I think Villanova is a better place for him, as they run an offense that really compliments perimeter players and he also focuses on shooting and perimeter skills as opposed to strength and athleticism.

I should also add that despite my paragraph above I have zero expectations of Reddish going anywhere but UK if he doesn't choose Duke.

They're mutually exclusive and Duke, sadly, is too far deep with Reddish. I want Barrett more than any non-Stones recruit but we're probably not going to get him.

They're mutually exclusive and Duke, sadly, is too far deep with Reddish. I want Barrett more than any non-Stones recruit but we're probably not going to get him.

This is not what the 247 guys have said.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom