Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Randomopolis

I certainly haven't led a sheltered life @deepdarkblue but I haven't heard people dropping the n-word so casually in a long time, like probably 30 years. I'm just not around people who think and feel that way very often apparently. In my liberal bubble I guess.

What do you do that puts you in contact with so many people who are comfortable saying it?

Getting our house ready to sell. Will be on the market in January. Looking Croasdaile or Brier Creek

I just left Brier Creek for South Durham... It's convenient but it's so fucking loud living near the airport.

I certainly haven't led a sheltered life @deepdarkblue but I haven't heard people dropping the n-word so casually in a long time, like probably 30 years. I'm just not around people who think and feel that way very often apparently. In my liberal bubble I guess.

What do you do that puts you in contact with so many people who are comfortable saying it?

I think I've mentioned before, I have some rental properties and I do a good bit of my own maintenance and repairs on them. I've got high end (usually short term, I get a lot of film production people there, some vacationers who want to stay for a month or two, like that), low end rentals (mostly blue collar, some are hard working people trying to get by, some are low-lifes trying to get over).
Doing my own work, I get to spend a lot of time at places like builder supply stores and hardware stores. Things I don't do myself - tree removal, PLUMBING (I won't touch it), serious electrical - I get to deal with contractors.

Out of all of that, the only ones who'd surprise me by letting fly with the n-word would be the production people. All the rest, it's a pretty regular thing. And I know I don't remotely look it, but keep in mind my dad was part black. Still, I look and act "normal", so it's okay for them to say "normal" shit to me.

Won an LG V30 phone from work just for doing the training. Won an S7 Edge last year. Now just need to win an iphone X and call it a day.

Board doctors,

What would you recommend for relieving severe lower back pain? Moving up and down is nearly impossible, but once I'm up I can walk without as much pain. Laying still in my bed doesn't hurt at all.

What did you do to yourself?

NSAIDs work, but put you at risk for ulcer. What about Tylenol and heating pads and time?

What did you do to yourself?

NSAIDs work, but put you at risk for ulcer. What about Tylenol and heating pads and time?
I don't know, I've been doing work around the house all day. It kind of crept up on me. I noticed some discomfort early afternoon, but then by around 6pm it was real bad.

I'll run to the store and get some Tylenol and a heating pad.

My wife is trying to get us to go full-redneck and buy a travel trailer. Anyone have any experience with these and want to share general advice? I'm assuming this won't happen as the wife goes through these weird phases that I can usually wait out.

The Airstreams actually look really nice, but damn, they are expensive.

Full redneck..........harsh

Wifes family has one and it is pretty great. I would love to have one to take the kids camping until they can rough it how I want to.

Best place to be is outside these days

My wife is trying to get us to go full-redneck and buy a travel trailer. Anyone have any experience with these and want to share general advice? I'm assuming this won't happen as the wife goes through these weird phases that I can usually wait out.

The Airstreams actually look really nice, but damn, they are expensive.

After witnessing more than one friend up close own these: Don't buy one, but do rent or lease when you feel like experiencing true mobile home living.

Maintaining a travel trailer is like maintaining a house and a large automobile at the same time. So not only do you have to deal with leaky roofs, clogged toilets, and malfunctioning stoves, you also have to change the oil and buy new tires, and wash & wax it occasionally. And most everything on the "house" side has to be fixed by someone who specializes in motor home crap, since it's all evidently slightly different than regular house crap.

Other than the week or two a year that you actually use it, where would the USS PFactor spend it's time? Most HOAs don't allow you to keep them at your house, and even if that's not an issue, you wouldn't want it making a big dead spot in your lawn anyway. Or you can pay a hefty chunk to make a concrete parking pad with one of those very attractive aluminum awning things for your land yacht to live under. Other option is to pay a lot of money for it to sit in storage for months on end.

And last reasons not to own one are the taxes, insurance, and licensing you pay for 365 days a year. Approximately 350 of which your battleship will be sitting unused.

(Oh, I lied. There's another reason not to buy - much like they're trailer park siblings, the resale value on RVs is awful)

So, renting is good, owning is bad.

Well that was extremely convincing. Plus she might hate it if we rent a time or two, and then we're finished with this dream.

I'll own one if I ever end up divorced, and I'll just live out of it full time out in the middle of nowhere.

Well that was extremely convincing. Plus she might hate it if we rent a time or two, and then we're finished with this dream.

I'll own one if I ever end up divorced, and I'll just live out of it full time out in the middle of nowhere.

Uh, I'm pretty sure if you choose to live in it that it's mandatory it be down by the river, not out in the middle of nowhere.

Uh, I'm pretty sure if you choose to live in it that it's mandatory it be down by the river, not out in the middle of nowhere.
I love how fast you were to point out that requirement.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom