Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Randomopolis

I thought it would be useful to have a thread to post suggested podcasts - is everyone alright with this?

The number of posts on this site has almost reached 200K - I think @ZackM should award the person who makes post #200,000 with a vintage Jahlil Okafor 76ers Jersey

The number of posts on this site has almost reached 200K - I think @ZackM should award the person who makes post #200,000 with a vintage Jahlil Okafor 76ers Jersey
It could happen as soon as tonight after the ND game.

A terrific milestone!

This really is by far the best Duke site on the net- I have learned so much over the past year or so.

Haven't had the flu in 15-20yrs, I know have it for the second time in less than a month.

Someone please kill me.

Anyone used Rosetta Stone before? I'm thinking of starting the Spanish one.

Yes. I love it. I did the italian one before I went to Italy and I was able to hold conversations pretty easily and could read most things I needed to read. I have the Spanish one, but haven’t had enough time to get into it. Highly recommend.

I installed 600 sqft of vinyl plank flooring in a rental today. This shit is amazing and I'll never install anything else again. It so ridiculously easy, I think someone who isn't particularly handy who has no experience in floor installation could watch a YouTube video and competently do a whole house in less than a day.
With the 35 year warranty they have, I expect my college rentals will bankrupt the manufacturer in the next five years.
I never thought I'd be this giddy about fake wood flooring.

I installed 600 sqft of vinyl plank flooring in a rental today. This shit is amazing and I'll never install anything else again. It so ridiculously easy, I think someone who isn't particularly handy who has no experience in floor installation could watch a YouTube video and competently do a whole house in less than a day.
With the 35 year warranty they have, I expect my college rentals will bankrupt the manufacturer in the next five years.
I never thought I'd be this giddy about fake wood flooring.
I just did 500 square feet in my living room and kitchen.

I was completely against using it initially because it felt very taboo like laminate to me, but then I went and looked at a bunch of new expensive houses and they ALL had it. Totally changed the way I felt about it and I'm glad it happened. Stuff is an absolute dream. Waterproof. Easy to install. Looks great.

What's the price like? I want to redo my kitchen. The entire house has matching hardwood but the kitchen has a gross floor that I've been meaning to replace. Probably 4-500sqft. I think I want a tile look in the kitchen.

What's the price like? I want to redo my kitchen. The entire house has matching hardwood but the kitchen has a gross floor that I've been meaning to replace. Probably 4-500sqft. I think I want a tile look in the kitchen.

Check these guys out: https://www.builddirect.com/r/Vinyl-Tile-Flooring?a=1
They will send you up to 5 samples (not available in all styles, however) totally free via FedEx 2nd day. That will give you a good idea of what the stuff actually looks like without getting in a car and driving around to local flooring dealers for hours. I wound up not getting mine from them, but getting the samples was a valuable tool in pointing me to what I wanted locally.

Prices vary wildly. There's cheap peel n stick stuff that can be had for around 0.60/sqft but it's crap, and the prices go up from there to as much as $5+/sqft for high end stuff. What I put in today was a sort of rustic oak looking plank, 7" x 48", 5mm thick, for $1.49/sqft. delivered to the site.

Just look for stuff that's click lock or floating, and I wouldn't go much less than 5mm thick if I was putting it in a house I was going to be living in.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom