Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

Alright, you all have convinced me to give "Ozarks" a shot. I was considering rewatching "The Leftovers" season 3 again. Hope it lives up to the hype.

Season 4 Episode 6 Curb Your Enthusiasm, Marty Funkhouser is wearing a Wild Dunes hat. Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Also, Super Dave is Albert Brooks's brother. What?

RIght now, Larry David is asking a prostitute if she knows who Henry Clay is.

Restarted True Detective season 1 for the first time. Such a near prefection of a season. Best season of television by a mile IMO.

Just finished Ozark, and it was fantastic!

Maybe I'm just a pussy, but no way I would continue watching if...

....the preacher had killed that baby. I d I on't mind some dark stuff, but good grief. That was tough to watch.
I sort of knew that wouldn't happen because
the preacher has said earlier that "this world is too terrible for a child to live in" or something to that effect. No well-written show is going to tip its hand like that. But the brilliant part is that even though I was pretty sure he was going to baptize, not kill, the child, he held it under water for just long enough that I started getting genuinely worried.

I have also finished Ozark and feel the same as all of you about it.

Ruth is a free will version of Aaron Paul, much more intriguing to see where she ends up since she is not a dumb pawn from the start. I wouldn't mind a heavy handed scene for her where she has to choose between the Walter White guy and her dad. I would also not mind if they somehow work in the line "then do it yourself" and her passing off a gun in that scene.

I hope they don't Homeland the kids. I can feel them becoming annoying already.

I'm a huge fan of suspense/thriller shows like Ozark that do a great job capturing the specific feel or vibe of a certain rural region in a creepy way. True Detective did it with Louisiana, Justified did it with eastern Kentucky, Bloodline did it with the Keys (at least in S1). Such a fun type of world to take a peek into.

I'm re-watching some episodes from The Leftovers- I'm not sure there is a show I've seen in which the soundtrack elevates scenes the way the soundtrack in this show does. The music takes great scenes to even greater heights imo.

If you were infuriated by Making a Murderer and somehow enjoyed that feeling, another show just hit Netflix that you would also enjoy. Finished episode 2 of The Confession Tapes. I mad.

I'm re-watching some episodes from The Leftovers- I'm not sure there is a show I've seen in which the soundtrack elevates scenes the way the soundtrack in this show does. The music takes great scenes to even greater heights imo.

I watch scenes from that show about every other night before bed. Start with one video on youtube and 20 minutes later still watching an old scene. The soundtrack is the best for any show I've ever watched. One of my favorite scenes is when Matt and "God" talk in season 3 and it starts out with no music but then the music kicks on the further it goes along. So damn great.

Anyone watch the pilot of The Deuce? Somehow I missed the fact that it came out on Sunday. I may be able to catch a replay of it tonight, since I actually have HBO even though I have no idea how to switch my TV over to my cable (which is just basic plus HBO -- no ESPN, sadly).

http://www.vulture.com/2017/09/the-deuce-all-the-ways-it-will-remind-you-of-the-wire.html

I loved it. It did a great job of conveying 70's sleaziness. I grew up watching a lot of trashy 70's movies, mostly of the blaxsploitation variety, and The Deuce captures that feeling nicely.

I watch scenes from that show about every other night before bed. Start with one video on youtube and 20 minutes later still watching an old scene. The soundtrack is the best for any show I've ever watched. One of my favorite scenes is when Matt and "God" talk in season 3 and it starts out with no music but then the music kicks on the further it goes along. So damn great.

goat

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30